iBrickr won't work

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

thesheikh

Sep 16, 2007
someone help me my ibrickr won't free my iPhone.... I'll get to the triangle step where it says connect to iTunes but when I get there nothing happens... I tried it over like a thousand times.....help!

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
To help us better in helping you, can you state what version of iTunes you are using? Have you made sure that all running processes associated with iTunes are killed and not running? Do a ctrl-alt-del and look for anything that referrers to iTunes and kill the processes. Have you tried using apptapp to jailbreak your phone?

- Garrett

thesheikh

Sep 16, 2007
To help us better in helping you, can you state what version of iTunes you are using? Have you made sure that all running processes associated with iTunes are killed and not running? Do a ctrl-alt-del and look for anything that referrers to iTunes and kill the processes. Have you tried using apptapp to jailbreak your phone?

- Garrett
umm version 1.4.2
and i haven't killed the apps (but ill try)
and no i don't even no what apptapp is.. what is it?

thesheikh

Sep 16, 2007
umm version 1.4.2
and i haven't killed the apps (but ill try)
and no i don't even no what apptapp is.. what is it?
ok so i tried killing everything that had to do with iTunes like iTunes helper and Apple sofware service and ipod service and it still didn't work.

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
Go to this site: http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/ and download apptapp for windows. This will jailbreak your phone and install the installer.app on your phone for downloading applications. If this works for you, load up ibrickr and see if it will connect to the phone. What version of iTunes are you running? 7.4.2? I have heard some stories that the latest iTunes will interfere with ibrickr.

- Garrett

Last edited by a moderator:

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
Another thing to try is if you are running the latest version of iTunes. Try and uninstall iTunes and revert back to a later version. i.e. 7.3.1 - 7.4.

- Garrett

thesheikh

Sep 16, 2007
Another thing to try is if you are running the latest version of iTunes. Try and uninstall iTunes and revert back to a later version. i.e. 7.3.1 - 7.4.

- Garrett
i tried downdrading to itune 7.3.2 and it said my library was for a later version of iTunes...

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
Hmmm, when it is talking about the library? is it talking about your music library? I would assume you have all of your music in the iTunes folder? can you take that music out of the folder and delete the iTunes music folder and re-import your music into iTunes? I believe that iTunes adds extra stuff in the music library for cover art and database information. Try taking your music out of the iTunes folder and re-import.

- Garrett

thesheikh

Sep 16, 2007
Hmmm, when it is talking about the library? is it talking about your music library? I would assume you have all of your music in the iTunes folder? can you take that music out of the folder and delete the iTunes music folder and re-import your music into iTunes? I believe that iTunes adds extra stuff in the music library for cover art and database information. Try taking your music out of the iTunes folder and re-import.

- Garrett
ok im downgrading to iTunes 4.1 and im gong to see what happens.
i cant locate the iTunes music library folder

thesheikh

Sep 16, 2007
Go to this site: http://iPhone.nullriver.com/beta/ and download apptapp for windows. This will jailbreak your phone and install the installer.app on your phone for downloading applications. If this works for you, load up ibrickr and see if it will connect to the phone. What version of iTunes are you running? 7.4.2? I have heard some stories that the latest iTunes will interfere with ibrickr.

- Garrett
ok how do i use it?

thesheikh

Sep 16, 2007
Go to this site: http://iPhone.nullriver.com/beta/ and download apptapp for windows. This will jailbreak your phone and install the installer.app on your phone for downloading applications. If this works for you, load up ibrickr and see if it will connect to the phone. What version of iTunes are you running? 7.4.2? I have heard some stories that the latest iTunes will interfere with ibrickr.

- Garrett
holy crap i intsalled it and my iPhone is stuck on the triangle so i stoped the process and now my iPhone keeps giving me the triangle after i turned it off and everything....help

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
You installed apptapp? How long did you let the triangle sit for? The process takes some time 20+ minutes to do a restore and jailbreak. To get your phone back to normal, do a normal restore in iTunes.

- Garrett

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
I forgot to add. You iTunes music should be located in your documents folder under music and then iTunes. If you are using Vista, it should be under your user folder and in the music folder. The folder should be listed as iTunes.

- Garrett

thesheikh

Sep 16, 2007

- Garrett
ok so during the process my cmd opened and it froze in triangle mode sso i stoped it and now.. crap dude my iPhone is in Please connect to iTunes mode...i restart it and resart it and it just keep doing it over and over... going to the triangle how do i sart my phone again.HHHEEEEELLLLLPPP IM SCARED!1

thesheikh

Sep 16, 2007
You installed apptapp? How long did you let the triangle sit for? The process takes some time 20+ minutes to do a restore and jailbreak. To get your phone back to normal, do a normal restore in iTunes.

- Garrett
it wont even connect to iTunes its stuck on that screen