iBuds anyone?

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
I really can't stand the earphones that come with the iPhone. They constantly come loose in my ears, and I mean constantly.
Since nobody makes a set that work with the iPhone with the same functionality just yet, I thought I would try these iBuds for a temporary fix.
Has anybody used these? I have tried the Earjams from Griffin, but those muddied up the sound and because of the plastic part that clips to the earbuds, it made them even bigger in your ear.
Here's a link...iBuds

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
So nobody but me has a problem with the stock earbuds?

DeadSpider

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Vacherie,Louisiana
I have some issues with the stock earbuds.
They irritate my ears and the mic does not
filter out background noise well at all during
calls.

Thanks for the links, I have been shopping for
new buds, bluetooth ear piece, and a car
adapter kit.

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
I have some issues with the stock earbuds.
They irritate my ears and the mic does not
filter out background noise well at all during
calls.

Thanks for the links, I have been shopping for
new buds, bluetooth ear piece, and a car
adapter kit.
Don't bother with the iBuds. I got them and they make everything sound muddy, and they don't stay on the earbuds that well.
I have a pair of Sony MDR51s that I think I'm going to try that mod with.
I want new buds, but none so far have the functionality of the Apple ones.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
this is sooo cool
i am going to do this.. the only issue that i have with that mod is y not keep it white.. the blue looks funny
other then that .. im going to do that
thanks for the cool info

s_rolla00

Jul 7, 2007
this is sooo cool
i am going to do this.. the only issue that i have with that mod is y not keep it white.. the blue looks funny
other then that .. im going to do that
thanks for the cool info
wait hold up you can just go to this to get it for free shipping and 2 bucks cheaper:)http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=DB77FAB5&nplm=TN543LL/A oh sorry theres only plain black but if you were wanting to get it id do it through Apple

ArtGuy

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Beantown, USA
THESE DO NOT have the switch on the cable!

Purchased these yesterday at Apple - They told me they were identical in functionality to the packed in 'phones, - they're not. No switch is included to answer calls/skip tracks. A newer version not yet released WILL have this funtion. Also - Shure is making an adapter for ANY headphones - this adapter has a switch and microphone and will be out in August for 40 bucks!

I'm waiting for the Shure adapter so I can use my Etymotic headphones!

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I took my iPhone for a run on the treadmill and they kept popping out.

s_rolla00

Jul 7, 2007
Purchased these yesterday at Apple - They told me they were identical in functionality to the packed in 'phones, - they're not. No switch is included to answer calls/skip tracks. A newer version not yet released WILL have this funtion. Also - Shure is making an adapter for ANY headphones - this adapter has a switch and microphone and will be out in August for 40 bucks!

I'm waiting for the Shure adapter so I can use my Etymotic headphones!
ok thanks for the info ya i think ill just gem them through v-moda then becuse they also have more colors