iCafe app

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
Do I have to login every time I open it or am I missing some setting here? I'm not using it because I have to write my email then password every time I get an email that there's a new post on a thread I'm following. It's easier to just click on the link and open in Safari but then I get the message that there's an app for that! It's getting annoying.

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
OK now it's working correctly. Even though I downloaded the update and sync'd, it didn't take. I went back and saw it said downloaded but I downloaded it again and this time it's now working on both 3GS (4.3.3) and iPhone 4 (ios5). Thanks again !

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
Been trying to get it to alert me on ios5 but can't find any place to do it. I've checked Notification Center but iCafe doesn't show up there. I tried inside the app on settings but nothing either. In order to find out if I have a reply I'll get an email telling me I have one so I have to open the email and follow the link but then it tells me I there's an app for that. Or I have to be opening the app to see if there's anything new.

Any ideas?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Been trying to get it to alert me on ios5 but can't find any place to do it. I've checked Notification Center but iCafe doesn't show up there. I tried inside the app on settings but nothing either. In order to find out if I have a reply I'll get an email telling me I have one so I have to open the email and follow the link but then it tells me I there's an app for that. Or I have to be opening the app to see if there's anything new.

Any ideas?
The app doesn't support Notifications at this time.

Badfishy

Contributor
Bronze
May 17, 2011
Houston, Texas
Big THANKS for getting the login bug fixed. It's nice not to have to enter my login and password every time I open the app, which is about 27 times a day!

Verizon iPhone 4S using iCafe app

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
So how do you know if there's anything new or do you just keeping checking back often until someone replies?
I use the latest feature. I check the all often throughout the day and when I am done reading what I want I mark all threads read. So when I come back I only see threads that are new or have new replies. Works great.

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
Unless you are subscribed to a thread and receive email notification for replies to said threads the. Yes you have to open the app.
So we're back to in order to find out if I have a reply I'll get an email telling me I have one so I have to open the email and follow the link but then it tells me there's an app for that. Or I have to be opening the app to see if there's anything new.

Maybe the next update we can get notifications and save some steps.