iCafe Mobile: How to go back to normal version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I'm clicking the button at the bottom to go back to Normal view, but its not working :T

I like the idea of a mobile version, but I like having more information, it saves me clicks. Normal view lets me see not just which threads have new posts, but also who was last to post and when.

Additionally, I couldn't find a way to create a new topic :p

Anyway, is there a /m suffix I can add to the url to go back to normal view?

Apple124

Bronze
Mar 11, 2008
apparently you DO NOT know how to read.
Haha!
In another thread I was reading they said Chris is probably going to ahve this fixed by tomorrow as well as a few other kinks in the site.
As of now theres no other way.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I love the format and everything, but like x999x said, there is no create new thread button =\ and if there is a video posted the site gets stretched out.

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
first myspace now everythingicafe....NO ! whats with all these moble sites for the iPhone ?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
It's new guys, give it time. I'm posting this from the Mobile Version and it's not awful. Remember, Chris is doing this while we're on here; he didn't shut the site down or anything.

However, I am going Myrtle Beach tomorrow (Spring Break) and my iPhone is all I'll havento post from.. I'd like to be able to use the full-featured site then.

- John

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Just trying a few things with "lighter" mobile version than our current iPhone theme. Problem is that I have a auto device detection set up, so that it automatically directs you to the default iPhone version. In this case, it was set up for the "lighter" version. When you selected normal, I had it set up to go to the iPhone version. However, the detector kicks in and puts you back to the light version. For the time being, I've changed this back to the ad-free iPhone version of the big site.

-Chris

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
apparently you DO NOT know how to read.
Last night on the mobile version all it said was the title of your post, not your explanation, I can read, apparently there was a problem with the site. Did you get your genius status from making so many posts cutting other people down?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Last night on the mobile version all it said was the title of your post, not your explanation, I can read, apparently there was a problem with the site. Did you get your genius status from making so many posts cutting other people down?
just knuckleheads from the Bronx.

You should read a post before responding. Sorry, Alice, if I hurt your feelings. Its been tough on all of us with this new site format... Seems to be better this morning.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
Just trying a few things with "lighter" mobile version than our current iPhone theme. Problem is that I have a auto device detection set up, so that it automatically directs you to the default iPhone version. In this case, it was set up for the "lighter" version. When you selected normal, I had it set up to go to the iPhone version. However, the detector kicks in and puts you back to the light version. For the time being, I've changed this back to the ad-free iPhone version of the big site.

-Chris
i like the mobile version it has a nice look to it...

thanks hope that this sticks around

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
just knuckleheads from the Bronx.

You should read a post before responding. Sorry, Alice, if I hurt your feelings. Its been tough on all of us with this new site format... Seems to be better this morning.
I did read the post, all it said was the line about how to get to the main site. Knuckleheads would imply there were two of me, can't you read? It's just one person. This is why so many people stay away from sites like this. You try to help, but God help if you're wrong, you get belittled by the very community you're trying to help. It gets frustrating. Half the time I'm trying to find an answer to something I read all this back and forth crap. Of course the irony is I'm participating. I have a lot more to say about other threads but all in all I just search for an answer, it's easier than getting annoyed by people you don't even know, or ever will know, just for trying to help some one out.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
We all stand to learn a lot from his response. Let's all try and be a bit more civil around here. I certainly don't want EIC to become like others which have gone down this path.

Thread locked and closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.