iCal sound alert for iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by Tim Stokes, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Tim Stokes

Tim Stokes New Member

My iCal provides a flashing alert but no sound. Not helpful if I'm not on it/my computer. Any suggestions?

2. FlwrPwer

FlwrPwer Evangelist
    Gold

You can choose an alert with a sound.

3. Tim Stokes

Tim Stokes New Member

I see this option via my computer but I'm not finding this option on my iPhone OS 5.0.1

4. FlwrPwer

FlwrPwer Evangelist
    Gold

When I get alerted from my iCal on my phone it plays a little beep. Maybe it's because you have it set to do a flashing reminder?

5. Tim Stokes

Tim Stokes New Member

Thanks for your patience. I just realized what perhaps should have been obvious: I can set the alert to sound on my computer and that will work for future alerts also on my iPhone until I change it. I'll try that. Thanks

6. Tim Stokes

Tim Stokes New Member

Hmmm. Where is it that I set the alert type. Can it only be done on my computer and for a particular event?

7. FlwrPwer

FlwrPwer Evangelist
    Gold

I always put alerts in on my phone and they make a sound. I never put in events in the computer. But yes, they have to be done for each event.

8. Tim Stokes

Tim Stokes New Member

I'm afraid I'm back to square one. Where might I set the appointment alerts to make a sound on my iPhone? When I make an appt and set an alert on my iPhone it arrives only as a message with no sound.

9. Tim Stokes

Tim Stokes New Member

And I can't find any option on the iPhone for a sound alert. I find it however on my computer's iCal.

10. FlwrPwer

FlwrPwer Evangelist
    Gold

Then do it on the computer and see what happens that way.

11. Tim Stokes

Tim Stokes New Member

I tried that. And I set it for sound, which sounded but only on my computer (not 100% sure of that). I then did another alert on my iPhone in hopes that the sound, once set on the computer, would transfer to future appts alerts on iPhone. didn't work. Sounds like a trip to Apple store may be my next step.