iCal sync problem

Variant

Aug 10, 2007
Well, I think I found a new bug. When I try to sync my iPhone with iCal I get this message:

"iTunes could not sync calendars to the iPhone "Lisa's iPhone" because an error occurred while mingling data."

I have deleted the calendars from iCal, trashed the plist file, tried everything I can think of. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

realnyc

Aug 11, 2007
ICal Sync Problem too !

I have the same problem and tried everything ! Frustrating ! I read somewhere that if you have multiple calendars, then switch the automatically sync calendars OFF and Manually sync ON, then drag your calendar [ie:home] to the top of the list. That didn't work for me either.

I also get the message...."" iTunes could not sync calendars to the iPhone, because an error occurred while mingling data." but I get an added..."an error occurred because iPhone disconnected", but it didn't disconnect...

One time I did get thee messages, and it did sync, but it put 3 duplicates of each calendar item in my calendar on my phone, so I had to wipe everything and start over...

Hope any of this helps...

HEY APPLE ! WHEN IS COPY/PASTE GOING TO BE IMPLEMENTED ?!

Well, I think I found a new bug. When I try to sync my iPhone with iCal I get this message:

"iTunes could not sync calendars to the iPhone "Lisa's iPhone" because an error occurred while mingling data."

I have deleted the calendars from iCal, trashed the plist file, tried everything I can think of. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Variant

Aug 10, 2007
New hardware? Could that be the culprit?

Question for realnyc: Are you attempting to sync on new hardware? I realized that this is the first time I have tried to sync the iPhone after tranferrring all user data from an old computer.

I have the same problem and tried everything ! Frustrating !

Variant

Aug 10, 2007
Problem solved!

I managed to successfuly sync last night, without the "mingling data" alert.

I simply entered all of my events into iCal and then replaced all calendar data on the iPhone with data from iCal. It worked.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
Do you have the box checked "Sync Calenders" (under info tab ) when u attach your iPhone? I think that's what it is . I don't see that one anymore since i sync calendars with mobile me over the air

I just notice u have a .Mac address are you syncing over the air ?
.Mac is the same thing as Mobile Me now isn't it?

now im confused im not sure what the problem is lol