iChat and iMessage - Why not integrate?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Vcoronel127

Bronze
Aug 30, 2011
I don't see why Apple has to make these two things different. They would attract sooo much users if they can just put these two together. Imagine having a single way to communicate across all iOS devices along with all Mac laptop/desktop users?!?! Would this be great?!?!

Come on Apple. Great ideas are being thrown here. Do you all think Apple has already thought of this? Do you think it's already in the works?

U.S Army
Sent from my iPhone 4

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
It would be nice. If I had to guess, I'd say the separation probably has to do with the fact that iChat is open-source, while iMessage is just intended for iOS devices.

Vcoronel127

Bronze
Aug 30, 2011
It would be nice. If I had to guess, I'd say the separation probably has to do with the fact that iChat is open-source, while iMessage is just intended for iOS devices.
Open source meaning chat clients are also integrated in it? Like AIM? Sorry I don't know what's the meaning of open source

Well regardless Apple makes magic, I'm sure they already thought of this possibility

U.S Army
Sent from my iPhone 4

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Open source meaning chat clients are also integrated in it? Like AIM? Sorry I don't know what's the meaning of open source

Well regardless Apple makes magic, I'm sure they already thought of this possibility

U.S Army
Sent from my iPhone 4
Open source meaning Apple has made the way iChat works available to other platforms in the hopes of it becoming standardized.