iChat App!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
BEAUTIFUL...i was wondering about aim chat....someones gonna have to do the rest... ICQ, MSN, Yahoo!....etc. only better things in store for iPhone. graphics need to be increased ...but hey, i understand its just a prototype

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
ummmm....wow!

Apple 3 : Haters 0

The three of course refers to the three pretty nifty "apps" developed for iPhone already.

the more these things come out, the more pumped i become for the iPhone.

Boyscout47

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Great App! I am so excited about this style of developing. Great thing is that it will be usable from the computer also! I wonder if they will be able to create shortcut buttons on the home page much like you can create short cuts on the dock on OS X. That would be awesome. I am so glad people are creative and share the wealth and that Apple went this directions instead of the windows mobile you can install anything but it might crash your phone direction.

So excited!

cobalt24

Bronze
May 31, 2007
THIS IS AWESOME! :-D

Maybe I'm blind (or just impatient), but I couldn't find a list of the known online "apps" that have been created so far. Is someone keeping a list? We should have it be a sticky if it isn't already somewhere.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
as of now it is only a 10 minute test time. I know another app that came out for psp called web aim had a 3000 member limit so people would just STAY logged in and never leave.

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
http://www.publictivity.com/iPhonechat/

This guy has done a great job with it, and it seems like he is going to continue to improve it. It's the same one that produced the digg app. Right now sessions are limited to 10 minutes, but that will go up once the iPhone is released.

One negative thing down, a few more to go. ;)
I have a hard time logging in and giving my username and password out to some website . . not my idea of safe.

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
I have a hard time logging in and giving my username and password out to some website . . not my idea of safe.
Yeah I see your point. I am sure that his website gets a lot of people testing it out and I doubt that the information is being used against you.

Looks interesting though. I guess it can only get better, maybe encrypted security features in the future?

supergimp

Jun 26, 2007
He offers up the source. It would be nice if someone would tell those of us that are only dangerous when it comes to AJAX how to install this on our own server. That way we wouldn't have to worry about bandwidth, etc.

Anyone?

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
I took a look at the source. He doesn't any contact information anywhere but if you're still paranoid, you could setup your own webserver from an always-on internet connection.

Encryption is certainly possible but beyond the scope of this post...

GQmacguy

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
For now... I think I will just use AIM Express just at the start. Of course with the Page View Feature selection now you could keep it open and still browse other sites at the same time, then click over to that one when there is a message.

I've been trying to find that picture of the Page View that I saw a while back but it has been remove! Dumb...

yin69yang

Jun 30, 2007
How do I install this application?
I have the zip file but now what?
Sorry but I only got this phone yesterday :)

duh nevermind... I just figured it out. I dl'ed the source files like a dumb ass