ichat

bronxaccents

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
New York City
i just got a macbook and im having trouble with ichat, im adding my buddies who i know are online but when i add them on ichat they show up momentarily then a few seconds later the disappear for some reason, does anyone know why this is happening?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I know that when I first add a buddy their name kind of fades in and out for a bit but then it remains solid if they're online. I'm unfortunately not sure what's going on in this case. Try adding them to a different sub-set of your buddy list perhaps and see if they stay in that category.

Mar 29, 2008
DUDE, the same exact thing is happening to me. After iChat shows me theyre no one online after about 5 or 6 minuites it will keep signing me and out until I reach the limit. Ive tried everything. This is my first Mac ever and this makes me want to go back to Windows.

bronxaccents

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
New York City
have had the same problem where i would add some one and it would come up and blink for a few seconds like always and then just disappear on me and i keep don't it over and over again and it still won't work, please help me. the screen name doesn't even register to the buddylist at all, i look for it on the offline section and its not even there...very weird....

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Are you the primary account holder on the computer? If not, maybe the primary holder has some limitations that is causing iChat to mess up? I really don't know if that's possible though.