iClarified - How to Access Your iPhone Files From Finder

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

slevytam

Nov 29, 2007
Hi,

I've been accessing my iPhone using SSH for the past while to access files and screenshots etc... It was getting pretty annoying to have to log in everytime.

I finally got around to figuring out how to enable AFP which allows you to view your iPhone files directly in Finder (without having to log in everytime!). To make things even better a coder named core has developed a graphic interface for AFP called AFPd. It lets you turn on and off AFP from a springboard app.

I made a tutorial on how to do this here:
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=448

For those who access iPhone files this is a huge time saver. Wish I did it earlier...

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Good info. I put the widget app on my phone and was going to install some and was not 100% sure how this little AFP app worked, which I already installed on the phone. I am hoping this is the simple little solution I have been wishing for to access all the files on the phone!

Atlas

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
Slevytam:

I tried it and love it. Thank you for the tutorial.

I have encountered one hitch. Some songs seem to work but most that I've obtained from my own CD's or songs purchased from iTunes give me a "protected files can not be converted" when I get to the convert to aac part of the procedure. I am already set to burn songs in AAC format in preferences if that makes a difference.

Is there a way around this? Most of the ones I wanted to use come up with this prompt. :(