iCleaner is no joke

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
My Facebook app, which got strangely responsive when I first jailbroke, got progressively less so. I tried iCleaner and it got rid of a lot of junk. Facebook is now back to normal. Not bad for free.

image.jpg

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Is this better than iWipe?
Looks like it does a lot more than iWipe.

What does this do?

Cleanup: iCleaner can remove unnecessary files from your device. The cleanup process is made of the following steps:

Safari: it deletes cookies, browsing history and cache files to free up memory and preserve your privacy.
Applications: it deletes unnecessary AppStore apps caches, cookies, temporary files and snapshots. Furthermore, it detects popular applications for a more in-depth cleanup.

Known Apps: Atomic, Badoo, Dolphin, Downloads, Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Flipboard, Google, Google+, Google Maps, iCabMobile, iFile, Instagram, Mercury, Skyfire, Snapseed, SoundCloud, Soundhound, Sparrow, Tweetbot, Twitter, vShare, Wikipedia.

More apps are added with each subsequent release. User login data, useful cookies and other relevant files are left untouched. iCleaner only removes the unnecessary.
Log files: it deletes apps log files and crash reports from known locations. These files are generally irrelevant to the user and can be safely deleted.
Cache files: it scans and deletes system cache files and databases. Some of them are rebuilt upon respring. This helps removing obsolete cache data.
Temporary files: it deletes temporary files from your device. These files are meant to be removed automatically, but they often happen not to. iCleaner takes care of that.
Cydia: it cleans up Cydia caches and temporary files, Cydia applications unnecessary files, partially downloaded Cydia packages and repo files.
Cydia sources (disabled by default): it deletes Cydia sources files. As a result, Cydia will not list any package and the sources will have to be updated. This is disabled by default since it's only helpful if Cydia sources aren't updating correctly.
Unused dependencies (disabled by default): issues the "apt-get autoremove" command in order to remove packages installed as dependencies that are not needed anymore. Additionally, it removes preference files left by some uninstalled packages and removes unneeded entries from the "/var/lib/dpkg/status" file.
This is disabled by default since it should only be used by experienced users who want to automate the operation. Note that removed packages and preferences are not included in the "analyze" filesize count.
Filetype cleanup: iCleaner features a custom cleanup pass based on file extensions. By default, it looks for log and temp files all over the directory tree.
You might want to add more extensions (such as "bak" or "old"), but remember to use this with caution! Also, note that iCleaner will only accept alphanumeric characters via GUI (non-alphanumeric ones will be removed as you confirm), while it accepts any symbol via terminal (wildcards too).

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
It's a registry cleaner for the iPhone.

Actually, I hope it isn't. :D

I've seen a few complaints about it such as all apps being deleted and Cydia going blank, but I guess you pays yer money and you takes yer chances. And yes, I know it's free; it's just a saying.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
My wife got 850 off.

I just ran it again today after Facebook became unresponsive again and it cleared 250 and alleviated the problem. Guess I'll just run it daily. Doesn't take long.

Jul 14, 2013
Hi
Looks like it does a lot more than iWipe.
I was wondering if you know a lot about icleaner? I'm having a problem with it.. It deleted all my apps and I can't open any of them in the AppStore because it says I already have them.. When I go through the log files, it says my apps are private