iCloud contacts not syncing to devices

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by verbalj, Oct 17, 2014.

1. verbalj

verbalj Member
    Bronze

Been trying to purge my contacts list and this issue just arose today.

On icloud.com, I have 146 contacts listed. All that is up to date and accurate. I want everything there to be on my iphone and ipad.

On the iphone and ipad, using the same apple ID obviously, for both devices, settings > icloud, contacts is turned on. Under settings > mail, contacts, calendars, the only account that has contacts turned on is icloud. All my gmails and work accounts contacts are turned off.

Back in the contacts app, only 48 of the 146 contacts appear. At least those 48 are up to date like they are on the website ha.

Hitting the refresh/arrow button in the top left of the contacts app on the idevices doesn't do anything. There is no default contacts account to choose in in settings > mail, contacts, calendars because only one account has contacts turned on -- icloud.

I've already turned off contacts in icloud on the devices and removed the current contacts on the devices (leaving me with a blank contacts app). I've restarted the devices, turned on the icloud contacts and only those 48 came back. I've signed out and signed back in to the icloud website and hit the refresh contacts button. Nada.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Is it pushing new contacts that are created on the computer to the iPhone? Is it pushing new contacts that are created on the iPhone to the computer? Are you using a Mac or PC? If you are on a Mac, when you go to System Preferences > iCloud, is the box next to Contacts checked?

3. verbalj

verbalj Member
    Bronze

The same contacts are on both devices. Those contacts are a mix of both created on device and created on icloud.com. I'm using a pc.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

So the answer to my first two questions is no?

5. verbalj

verbalj Member
    Bronze

Got it, in a roundabout way, you reminded me about my apple id change. While all the devices were switched to my new apple id, and the changes reflected in apple, icloud, etc., i forgot about the icloud control panel on the pc. Signed that out, signed back in, made some switches to what is synced, and voila, 146 contacts on both devices. Thanks a bunch!