iCloud delivery of email

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I am far from really knowing what I'm saying here, so hope this makes sense...
Could it be that you have the web interface going as well as it running on your phone at the same time? Maybe 1 is getting it just a split second before the other? Can't remember if it's Imap or not for iCloud, but if the pc gets it first it won't show up on the phone as a new mail will it? Again if what I'm saying doesn't make sense I apologize.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Hmm, Scott, you might be onto something here...

But, typically due to testing if I had iCloud open, I'd keep it on the Contacts screen, hence if new email came in, I'd expect to hear my iPhone notify me first. I'll test it being logged out of iCloud [via a computer], and send a few test emails and see how that goes.

Thanks

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Navi, I've not experienced any problems with any of the emails of you've sent to me or the emails I've sent to you - apart from the first email you sent to me.

I'm putting it down to a server issue.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
...so how is iCloud's email (@me.com) working for everyone? Is delivery working correctly, i.e. PUSH?

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I just tested emailing from
GMail
Yahoo
Hotmail and my work domain, to my me.com email address. ALL of them delivered the email to my iPhone instantly.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
My @me.com email address runs beautifully :)

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
...count yourself lucky. Seems on this side of the big blue sea, it is very temperamental.
I'm running both my me.com email and my GMail side-by-side, till I know it is fully operational and then I'll move all my mail over.

My @me.com email address runs beautifully :)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
...count yourself lucky. Seems on this side of the big blue sea, it is very temperamental.
I'm running both my me.com email and my GMail side-by-side, till I know it is fully operational and then I'll move all my mail over.
Are you going to forward all of your Gmail emails to @me.com email?

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Yes. I've already 'copied' all my old emails in Mobile ME, I mean, iCloud, and set the account to forward for now (bet leave a copy on GMail as read).

I want to make sure that iCloud is delivering email in a timely fashion. Doesn't have to be instant, but, it can't be every few hours, either...

Are you going to forward all of your Gmail emails to @me.com email?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Yes. I've already 'copied' all my old emails in Mobile ME, I mean, iCloud, and set the account to forward for now (bet leave a copy on GMail as read).

I want to make sure that iCloud is delivering email in a timely fashion. Doesn't have to be instant, but, it can't be every few hours, either...
Good idea. I'm not one for organisation, I have 5 emails accounts running on my iPhone 4 - I suppose I should start setting up auto-forwarding etc.

demank

Aug 21, 2011
Btw2 is there an mail account for icloud? I am a new user of icloud that not joined me.com before

Sent from my iPod touch using iCafe app

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
...yes, when you create the account, that ID, is in essense your iCloud email address. It will look something like this: myAppleid@me.com

Btw2 is there an mail account for icloud? I am a new user of icloud that not joined me.com before

Sent from my iPod touch using iCafe app