iCloud Doesn't Work

Stephenw

Bronze
Dec 30, 2008
www.shopngarage.com
I use a PC and IE.

If I plug in my iPhone 4 and do a synch, my contacts and book marks do not synchronize. iTunes says that these are synchronized by iCloud and to adjust settings on the phone. Under iCloud settings on the phone, contacts and bookmarks are turned on.

Problem is, nothing synchronizes. Changes on the PC are not reflected on the phone. Changes on the phone are not made on the PC.

What am I missing?

I just had the same problem . I went onto my iPad and iPhone 4(updated to ios5),
Go to settings
Select iCloud
Delete account
You can choose to save or delete contacts, calendars and reminders
Reboot your device
Then add iCloud account by following steps 1-3 then use your Apple ID and password to set up
Turn everything in iCloud back on. In a few moments, you should be up and running :)

Stephenw

Bronze
Dec 30, 2008
www.shopngarage.com
if you haven't already, you also need to install iCloud Control Panel for windows.

http://www.apple.com/icloud/setup/pc.html

That's the piece I was missing, thanks. I assumed that functionality would have been built into iTunes.

iCloud uses Outlook contacts, rendering it useless to me. I do not use Outlook. I wanted to use Windows contacts.

A big F You to Apple!

Another crappy os, no rotation lock, still can't minimize the keyboard in messages, and more native apps that I don't want and cannot delete from the phone.

iprncess

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
That's the piece I was missing, thanks. I assumed that functionality would have been built into iTunes.

iCloud uses Outlook contacts, rendering it useless to me. I do not use Outlook. I wanted to use Windows contacts.

A big F You to Apple!

Another crappy os, no rotation lock, still can't minimize the keyboard in messages, and more native apps that I don't want and cannot delete from the phone.
Why can't you minimize the keyboard in messages? You just push it down :-/

iprncess

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
I've had an iPhone since the first release of the 3G. That's someting I didn't know you could do. Every other place, the keyboard has a "done" button or small arrow to minimize it. You just saved me a whole lot of grief. Thanks.
Don't feel bad, they just added it! :)

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
of course me had to get the message again not enough storage in the icloud
I had given hubby and son their own for that reason (hubby does not even use it)
Anyway found out I still had my iPhone4 backed up from the beta and then my new phone backed up as a diffrent phone ....so heads up when you switch phone there may be the old one still backedd up in the cloud even if you restored from the back up like I did !