iCloud keeps asking me to sign in...why?

kerriberri

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
Why is it doing this and how do I fix it? It just started about an hour ago. It's doing it on my phone and iPad

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Why is it doing this and how do I fix it? It just started about an hour ago. It's doing it on my phone and iPad
I've had it ask me several times since getting the iPhone 6 as well. Probably a bug. If it continues to repeatedly ask you, log out of iCloud and the App Store and then log back in.

kerriberri

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
I've had it ask me several times since getting the iPhone 6 as well. Probably a bug. If it continues to repeatedly ask you, log out of iCloud and the App Store and then log back in.

You're like a little ninja..popping up everywhere with answers :) You'd think after owning an iPhone for 4 years I'd know these things. Thanks again for your help!

Sent using iCafe app

kerriberri

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
It took me several tries to sign out of iCloud but now I'm having trouble signing back in...it keeps freezing up on me.....frustrating

Sent using iCafe app

kerriberri

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
I finally was able to sign out and back into icloud and it hasn't asked me since to sign in...hopefully this fixed it.

Sent using iCafe app

jltjr

Bronze
Nov 4, 2007
My 6plus won't finish a iCloud back up. Any ideas? It seems to me that it's up and running fine. However I'm being prevented from ios8 update because of it.

kerriberri

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
My 6plus won't finish a iCloud back up. Any ideas? It seems to me that it's up and running fine. However I'm being prevented from ios8 update because of it.

It did that to me on my iPhone 6 and my iPad...took me several tries and it finally let me back up

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Stop the backup and start a new one. If that doesn't work, delete the backup and start over.

jltjr

Bronze
Nov 4, 2007
Stop the backup and start a new one. If that doesn't work, delete the backup and start over.
I should know this but....how do I stop and restart it (or delete a backup). Is it just a matter of signing in and out of iCloud?

Thanks in advance

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I should know this but....how do I stop and restart it (or delete a backup). Is it just a matter of signing in and out of iCloud?

Thanks in advance
Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage > Your Phone > Scroll down to the bottom and select Delete Backup

jltjr

Bronze
Nov 4, 2007
Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage > Your Phone > Scroll down to the bottom and select Delete Backup
I wonder if this is why my battery life isn't what its advertised to be. Perhaps it's always trying to backup? Using battery power.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I wonder if this is why my battery life isn't what its advertised to be. Perhaps it's always trying to backup? Using battery power.
No, that won't impact the battery life at all. It doesn't do automatic backups when it isn't plugged in. It only automatically backups up once day while connected to a power source.

jltjr

Bronze
Nov 4, 2007
No, that won't impact the battery life at all. It doesn't do automatic backups when it isn't plugged in. It only automatically backups up once day while connected to a power source.
Oh ok. Yeah I remember reading that now that you mentioned it. Big thanks once again. I'll keep you posted!

jltjr

Bronze
Nov 4, 2007
Oh ok. Yeah I remember reading that now that you mentioned it. Big thanks once again. I'll keep you posted!
Well I did the reset and restor from iCloud. My phone no longer continuously says "restoring from iCloud". However I did notice that most of my photos didn't get restored. All the photos setting in iCloud are "on". Any idea?