iCloud messed up my contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone 3G' started by westgebo, Oct 11, 2012.

1. westgebo

westgebo New Member

My contacts got completely messed up on iCloud.
    I deleted the Backup Assistant app from my phone but would like to get it back on there. How do I do that?
    btw, my contacts are safe and sound on my phone. I just don't want to sync or back them up to what is presently "up" there because it will just send me back the mess again.
    Thank you very much for any advice!

2. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

I don't believe backup assistant is available for the iPhone.

3. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

My best advice is to edit, add, or delete contacts in the Contacts app on your computer. Or iCloud.com. I've found less errors this way...

4. Ozzie5374

Ozzie5374 Contributor
    Bronze

Hey, same thing happened when I tried "iCloud". Been using google for contacts, mail & calendar for ages and thought I should now use iCloud - being Apple.
    Don't bother. Turn off all iCloud and sync to google. Never had a problem with it including new phones/new computers.

5. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

I'm the opposite. Had Google contacts for years, just switched to iCloud due to enhanced Siri functions...

6. Mathew Connelly

Bronze

I have my most complete contact list in my Gmail. I just made sure to bring it to my iPhone and then sync to the iCloud - you can say that in a way I have also migrated to the iCloud, although I keep my Gmail contact list actively up-to-date.

I think what you are referring to is Copytrans Contacts. I have tried it too but you should choose one method of contact sync only as iCloud will not allow you to sync your contacts elsewhere - for instance with Gmail (via Excahnge) or via third-party apps.

#6 Mathew Connelly, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2014