iCloud Notes sort order

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by iPutz, Apr 3, 2016.

1. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

In one of the iOS 9 updates we finally got the ability to change the sort order of Notes from the last title entered/changed to sorting by titles alphabetically. This is something that was long overdue. For the first time since that update, I accessed notes via the iCloud website and found that the sort order there is still set to last entered/changed. Is there no way to change it there to alphabetical? I looked all over the page and Googled for more information and found none. If anyone knows how to change it, please let me know. If it cannot be changed all I can say is come on Apple you gave us one, why not the other???

#1 iPutz, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Have you done an iCloud back up of your notes since you changed the order on your phone?

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

An iCloud backup would just back up content on his notes app, not enable a new feature.

What he's saying is that the sort setting isn't available on the Notes web app at iCloud.com.

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I'm not surprised. They're slacking off lately.

What's even more crazy is that on OS X, that feature was brought back with the 10.11.4 update. It was removed with the release of 10.11 after having been previously available.

https://m.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/3llmea/el_capitan_notes_app_psa_if_you_heavily_rely_on/

#4 Rafagon, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016