iCloud phone group

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

budala15

Bronze
Nov 17, 2013
When I click on my phone icon and go to Groups I found something under iCloud that I don't recognize. It says all iCloud and then underneath that it has another group labeled as Hoover's. Now I'm freaked out that my phone might have gotten hacked?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using

Last edited by a moderator:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
When I click on my phone icon and go to Groups I found something under iCloud that I don't recognize. It says all iCloud and then underneath that it has another group labeled as Hoover's. Now I'm freaked out that my phone might have gotten hacked?
You don't recognize the name Hoover? Do any of your email accounts have that name tied to them?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and select each account one at time. First toggle off the calendar check to see if it disappears in the calendar app. If that doesn't work, delete the account.

image.jpg

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Delete all of your email accounts from the phone and reboot. Check the Calendar app after that and add the accounts back in.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The name still shows up.
Okay, I'd reset all settings in the Settings app. Be sure to check the calendar app afterwards. It will take less than ten minutes to set your phone back up (set wallpaper, ringtones, WiFi passwords, etc.), and you want to make sure it's gone before inputting all of this stuff.

budala15

Bronze
Nov 17, 2013
Okay, I'd reset all settings in the Settings app. Be sure to check the calendar app afterwards. It will take less than ten minutes to set your phone back up (set wallpaper, ringtones, WiFi passwords, etc.), and you want to make sure it's gone before inputting all of this stuff.
Do you know how a name gets in this specific group?

budala15

Bronze
Nov 17, 2013
I'm not sure how it got there, but it sounds like the name of an email account. Mine showed my Gmail account under "other" before I disabled it in settings.
How did u disable it?