Icon changing to other Apps

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
Just yesterday, I noticed a game I play, World War had the icon of the app "Around Me." So I deleted Around Me and redownloaded it. I also downloaded another World War (did not want to lose my progress). Well it returned to itself until I played it and then boom right back to the WRONG icon.

When it first happened, Around me was the 1st app on the next page (WW was the last app on the page prior). Now Around me is way back in the app pages.

Anyone know what is the cause and how to fix?

I have done a turn off, hard reset, re-sync with iTunes. No luck.

Any ideas?

primsa

Bronze
Dec 12, 2007
Rockford Il.
The reset caused mine to do the same thing. Fixed it by deleting the app from the phone, reboot, then re-sync to iTunes to get the apps back.

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
Thanks. However, will I lose my game data?

Jul 30, 2009
No, you won't. All games and apps that you have on your iPhone are downloaded to the iTunes. After you delete games and apps from you iPhone, simpy connect ypur device to the PC (or other) via USB and sync.

Jul 30, 2009
The reboot doesn't fix the issue. The icons are still in a mess =(

Dakine

Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
I had the same problem with mCounter picking up the Wild West icon, like you I deleted and reloaded mCounter without success as it reloaded with the wrong icon.

The only thing that fixed it was the 3.0.1 update, after the update the mCounter icon was back.