Icon on screen.........

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

spif91

Bronze
Oct 7, 2007
NE Oklahoma
I recently bought my wife a 4GB iPhone for her birthday. I was making some general changes to it in the menu last night and noticed she has an icon or small symbol on her screen that I have never had on my 8GB. It looks like a small cloud with rain or snow falling from it next to the battery indicator in the top right corner of the screen. When I turn her bloothtooth on the bluetooth symbol comes on and the little rain cloud symbol moves over to the left just a little bit.........I have searched Apple's support site and can't find anything about this symbol........Could it be something that is on the 4GB and not on the 8GB? Thanks......

spif91

Bronze
Oct 7, 2007
NE Oklahoma
can you take a picture of this?

id like to see this i also have an 8gig and have never seen this icon

Will try when she gets back from SHOPPING in Tulsa....It is so small(the same size or smaller)as the bluetooth icon but will give it a try......Please check this thread this evening and see what u think........

spif91

Bronze
Oct 7, 2007
NE Oklahoma
I've got the 4gig, poor me, and I've never seen this.
I updated to 1.1.2 last week when I activated the phone so it shouldn't b something with the new software....phone is also locked and I checked all the settings and they are the same as I have on my 8........strange may try to call Apple support...........

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
I think I've figured it out, looks like you accidentally turned on the TTY feature of your phone.
I turned mine on and indeed it looks like a cloud with rain or snow but actually its a picture of a phone handset with a keypad underneath.

spif91

Bronze
Oct 7, 2007
NE Oklahoma
I think I've figured it out, looks like you accidentally turned on the TTY feature of your phone.
I turned mine on and indeed it looks like a cloud with rain or snow but actually its a picture of a phone handset with a keypad underneath.
You are the man............I turned my tty on my phone and you are correct........Thanks, the mystery has been solved..........:laugh2: