icon order

jophone

Bronze
Oct 4, 2007
with new customize I cannot change the icons order!
there is the option but it doesn't change anything.
also it moved the photo and camera icons on the bottom
and if I go to "customize-change icons order" these 2 icons
are missing!
what can I do? Please help...
I have 1.0.2 fw and cannot change

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
The answer...

Update to 1.1.1. I did and now I can arrange the order and get newer apps. It's not so bad.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
^^He said he CAN'T upgrade. Try installing rSBT and you can use that to change up the order of your icons.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
Why wouldn't someone be able to upgrade? I thought it might just be anxiety. That's why I shared that I recently upgraded and it wasn't bad :/

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
^^Well I think the reason he can't upgrade is that he's on an unlocked 1.0.2 phone and doesn't want to go through the process of restoring and then upgrading to 1.1.1 (or 1.1.2) and then unlocking again. I could be wrong but that's the only thing I could imagine.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
no, you don't have to restore. you have (at least) two other options:

1) put up with it until the next version of customize is released (i have been told that the Devs are aware that people are upset about the lack of icon moving options, and will re-implement on the next update).

2) Reinstall the previous version of Customize.

here's another thread with more info

Last edited by a moderator:

dobymax

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
Could you post a link or tell us where we can get the previous version of Customize?

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I ran into the same issue and even the previous version of customize didn't help, I ended up having to restore back to 1.0.2. You don't have to upgrade to restore, check the boards there are more than enough ways to restore without moving up. Good Luck!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i just installed customize 1.13 from the installer. It is now called "customize (old)". There is also a new version ("customize 1.18") that has a new hiding scheme.

jophone

Bronze
Oct 4, 2007
first of all thanks to all of you!
sorry if i didn't replay before, but i was out of town and barely checked the email. Let me do that:

1) Yes i cannot upgrade the FW because i have an unlocked iPhone with 1.0.2. Actually i would risk to restore-upgrade-unblock, but i posted another topic recently asking which is the best way to do it and if someone has done it. But nobody suggested me a way.
If you can tell me something useful, i'll be really glad.

2) rSBT now is inside Customize. Indeed after reset the settings, it works, the only problem is that the icons of photo and camera have disappeared from the rSBT list, so i cannot move them from the bottom of my desktop where they ended up for unknown reasons.

3)i found the Customze(old) on installer but it tells me i have to install the newer version before installing this one. i have the 1.17, the newer 1.18 requires the new firmware so i cannot install that. Is there a way to install the old one without installing the 1.18?

Sorry for the long post, and thanks again!

jophone

Bronze
Oct 4, 2007
Sorry, i just figured out how to do that! i re installed the older version (1.13) after uninstalling the 1.17 and it works perfectly, there is again the hidden session too! nice

Thanks you all!