Icon swap?

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I wish now that I had taken a picture of this.

Yesterday I picked up my phone to make a call and instinctively hit the icon in the lower left corner. Much to my surprise my e-mail started to download. When I hit the home button I noticed that my Phone and Mail icons had switched places! I reset the phone and they were back to normal but it was very freaky.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm assuming that you are running 1.1.3 currently? Maybe you accidentally set off the Wiggly Icons. I don't have 1.1.3 so I'm not familiar with how easy that is to do, but that's the only thing I could think of.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
My boss's wife called a couple of weeks ago and told me (he bought her an iPhone for Christmas) that her icons were wiggling. Well, resisting an urge to make a comment that might get me fired or floating face down in the Anacostia River, I explained that she had accidentally activated that function. She hadn't heard of it before, so I told her how to move icons around.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I would just about bet money that is what happened.;)
I would probably have to take that bet :)

I'm familiar with the process for moving icons and I'm certain I did not move them. Besides, that does not explain why a reset put them back.

It's not a big deal but I thought it was interesting.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I would probably have to take that bet :)

I'm familiar with the process for moving icons and I'm certain I did not move them. Besides, that does not explain why a reset put them back.

It's not a big deal but I thought it was interesting.
I just know how easy it is to make inadvertent touches to the screen. Didn't mean to offend you, but I've made changes before in the settings menu just because my finger happened to touch a button it wasn't supposed to.