Icons for 1.1.1 after modding

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wildturkey

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
How do you put different icons on with 1.1.1. I'm so use to ibrickr?
Someone mentiones ssh I have no idea what it is?Thanks

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
How do you put different icons on with 1.1.1. I'm so use to ibrickr?
Someone mentiones ssh I have no idea what it is?Thanks

in simple terms

Ibrickr = Windows/USB

Ifuntastic = OS X/USB

SSH = Wifi (Wireless Transfer - works with every OS i think because it works via SFTP apps, provided u have SSH and BSD Subsystem on your iPhone)

wildturkey

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
I thought you can't use ibrickr after you mod 1.1.1?

uote=Stevonw;133681]in simple terms

Ibrickr = Windows/USB

Ifuntastic = OS X/USB

SSH = Wifi (Wireless Transfer - works with every OS i think because it works via SFTP apps, provided u have SSH and BSD Subsystem on your iPhone)[/quote]

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
so how do i get icons on the phone?
I would use WinSCP - SSH (if i was a Windows User)

re-name the 1st icon u wanna replace to icon.png (you will need to name ALMOST every icon this if you're doing a manual mod.). Basically you need to log in to your iPhone via WinSCP (SSH - Wireless) on whatever your phones ip address is (you can easily obtain this by entering settings/wifi then clicking the arrow on your network and you should see your phones ip address)

phones ip address : 192.168.1.1 (this is an example find out your own phones ip)
username : root
password : alpine
port : 22

Make sure it's set to SFTP (and not just standard FTP).

Also make sure u have OpenSSH & BSD Subsystem on your iPhone.

Provided you've done all that and logged into your phones root via SSH then just move into the Applications folder and then choose the folder of which icon you would like to replace. Go into that folder and then drag the custom icon into that folder, it should ask you if the host is unverified and you want to continue (choose yes) and then you want to overwrite (choose yes again).

Now disconnect the iPhone (should be a button on WinSCP or just close it) then restart your iPhone and you should hopefully see you're custom icon.

unknownentry

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Knoxville, TN
www.iphonesurge.com
Your PM box is full so I am posting it here. Let me know if you need any help...

PM I tried to send you:

Yes it works with 1.1.1! Download it here. Oh and just FYI, sorry I haven't gotten back to you on the jailbreaking stuff. I have been extremely busy lately and haven't had time to do anything involving customizing the iPhone! I finally have some time tonight, but I am getting caught up on some things (Haven't even had time to read the boards)! :cool:

wildturkey

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
thanks

Thanks so much......so my box was full.....but i have no idea how to use th
is can you tell me how to put an new icon or background on the phone....Thanks

Your PM box is full so I am posting it here. Let me know if you need any help...

PM I tried to send you:

Yes it works with 1.1.1! Download it here. Oh and just FYI, sorry I haven't gotten back to you on the jailbreaking stuff. I have been extremely busy lately and haven't had time to do anything involving customizing the iPhone! I finally have some time tonight, but I am getting caught up on some things (Haven't even had time to read the boards)! :cool: