iCopy

Amt

Sep 18, 2008
It doesn't work for me.

sbynyc

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
It worked for me and I have almost nothing between my ears except smoke. That's a great web app. Love this forum.

Oct 28, 2008
I heard icopy isn't well implemented and it's best to wait for the genuine app by Apple. BTW, why isn't icopy listed in the available apps for download by Cydia?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I heard icopy isn't well implemented and it's best to wait for the genuine app by Apple. BTW, why isn't icopy listed in the available apps for download by Cydia?
It's not in cydia because it's really not an "app," per say. It's a web link. It works great, by the way. And if you wait for an Apple version, you'll be waiting a long time. I've been copying and pasting with icopy for well over a year now. And to be perfectly frank, it works better and is more useful than any of those crap half-ass apps in the app store.

gkf9

Bronze
Oct 8, 2008
Yes it works great. Several steps to take but I use it all the time to post pictures here frm my iPhone...
How do you post pics with it? Thought you could only paste text?

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
I haven't installed the link but it looks nice to me. For cut-n-paste to be useful to me I need to copy between calendar info. I have tons of repetition in my monthly calendar.
Tg

gkf9

Bronze
Oct 8, 2008
Well, what I m doing is mailing my pics to photobucket.com and then going there and copying my pic's URL and pasting it here thereby showing a picture.
Ok thanks Oj have finally got my head round it and posted a test pic!
seems a lot of messing about, but that might just be me having to go over in my head a dozen times trying to figure it out. Once I've done it a few times should come second nature.
Thanks again.

Oct 28, 2008
It's not in cydia because it's really not an "app," per say. It's a web link. It works great, by the way. And if you wait for an Apple version, you'll be waiting a long time. I've been copying and pasting with icopy for well over a year now. And to be perfectly frank, it works better and is more useful than any of those crap half-ass apps in the app store.
Hmm. And you need your iPhone to be jailbreaked for it to run?

Oct 28, 2008
Oh that thing...i tried that when I first got my iPhone....I hated it. I deleted the link. Perhaps someone else wont be as picky as me. ;)

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
My browser keeps crashing when I attempt to use the link. It also makes my web browsing lag really bad.

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
The only bad thing for me is... I cannot figure out how to get it to my iPhone without having safari on my pc. Explorer has a limit on the amount of characters allowed for a web address and will not acknowledge the shortcut.
Firefox will work but won't sync its bookmarks to iPhone.
Tg