.ics files in mail

zandrik

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
I currently have setup google sync via the exchange and only have the calendar part turned on. If I setup an meeting invitation myself, I'll send an invite to myself, gmail, and it automatically is entered into google calendar and then automatically to my iPhone calendar, but when I get an invitation from someone else, it goes to my work email, which a copy is sent to my gmail, but is not automatically added. I guess it might be because my gmail address wasn't initially included in the invite. But why can't I see the .ics file? before 3.0 firmware I could see the .ics file but could do nothing with it, now it will let me at least try to view it, but shows only a blank page.

Any insight?

Thanks and sorry for the rambling.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
is it possible that your work is stripping attachments when forwarding or replying to email? My work just started implementing this towards the end of last year. unless you actually choose to send with attachments, it strips them out.
If your office is doing this, you need to make changes to your forward to include attachments.

zandrik

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
The .ics file attachment is there. I'll look to make sure it's forwarding all of the attachment. Thanks!