I'd like to rent an apartment (short-term).

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Hey guys.. as you may know I'm supposed to travel to New York this month. It was supposed to be on January 7th but then my uncle-in-law passed away and things got delayed till the 15th.

I'm trying to cancel the hotel reservation from Booking.com and I'm still waiting for the hotel's reply.

Anyway, since the hotel has a small room, no Wi-Fi, and is pretty expensive, I'm looking for an apartment to rent instead like I did before.

There are many sites that give a price ($1100 - ****) but don't really tell you if that's per night or per week or per month?

This is what I'm looking for: An apartment, studio, etc. with two beds, free W-Fi, and a TV. I don't want to rent like a room in a house that I would share with people because I'm not very comfortable with that.

I'd like it to be in or close to Manhattan so I can go to Times Square and all of those easily using transportation.

Thank you very much, guys. Any information is appreciated.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
You want to rent an apartment near manhattan? it's gonna be way more than 1,100 a month.
I'll look around here too and see what I can find.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I understand that, that's why I am looking for something per week. And my budget is around $2100 not $1100.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I have friends that work up there, I'll see if they know anything.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
How close do you want to be to manhattan? about a condo?

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
How close do you want to be to manhattan? about a condo?
In Manhattan would be great, but anything really close to it would be okay also. I rented an apartment in Riverside before and it was awesome, but unfortunately I lost the number of the lady I rented it from. It was apartment 43E and its view was the Hudson River. By condo you mean an apartment inside a building, right? Where you have your own bathroom, kitchen, room, etc. and don't have to share anything besides, perhaps, the elevator, with people?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Yeah, but what bitewound just posted was what I was looking at also. I called my friend and he told me that he knows few, but they aren't renting anything less than at least 6 months and without furniture. Condo usually have furniture and he's gonna get back to me on that.
Look at the link that bitewound just posted, there's a lot in there thats close to what you're looking for.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Yeah, but what bitewound just posted was what I was looking at also. I called my friend and he told me that he knows few, but they aren't renting anything less than at least 6 months and without furniture. Condo usually have furniture and he's gonna get back to me on that.
Look at the link that bitewound just posted, there's a lot in there thats close to what you're looking for.
Yeah! I found one here: http://www.newyorkstay.com/apartmen...le=2&arrival=2012-01-16&departure=2012-01-24#

But is Greenwhich a nice place? I see on Google Maps that it's about 2.3 - 2.5 miles away from Times Square, NY which is about 8 minutes by car/taxi or 14 minutes by subway, which is okay, I guess.

By the way, I want to ask a stupid question. Do you think those places will have like insects and stuff? The apartment in Riverside didn't, and I have a phobia from places like that. lol

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
Oh damn.. how come it says 2.5 miles on Google Maps? lol
Benny is talking about Greenwhich Connecticut lol
The East Village is has lots of old and some new Apt Buildings. Since it says 3rd floor i'm assuming it's an older building with a renovated Apt. It looks clean Tarek.
I live in an older building with a renovated apt and don't have bugs so … you can have bugs in hotels too ;-)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The main reason is WiFi, right? I think you'll save a crapload of money if you just pay the hotel for WiFi. Apartments in Manhatten are very expensive. I also recommend bringing an unlocked phone so you can get a prepaid AT&T Go SIM card with data.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
The East Village is has lots of old and some new Apt Buildings. Since it says 3rd floor i'm assuming it's an older building with a renovated Apt. It looks clean Tarek.
I live in an older building with a renovated apt and don't have bugs so … you can have bugs in hotels too ;-)
Oh yeah LOL I just saw the CT :D

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I contacted the Live Support lady and she told me that before they list the apartments online, the Inspection Team has to visit them and make sure they are in compliance with the law and cleanness is a must.

The main reason is WiFi, right? I think you'll save a crapload of money if you just pay the hotel for WiFi. Apartments in Manhatten are very expensive. I also recommend bringing an unlocked phone so you can get a prepaid AT&T Go SIM card with data.
Actually, I found a lot of other hotels in New York with free W-Fi and the same price as the Paramount one. The thing about apartments is that they're much more comfortable. I sure don't enjoy sleeping the same room with my father, you know? And a hotel Suite or reserving two rooms would be too much money.

The apartment we rented in Riverside before had one big living room, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and one kitchen. It was awesome. I'm going to try and find her number, maybe I have it on my email or something, as that place was very, very nice. It also had free wi-fi, TiVo, two flat screen TVs, one 50" LCD, dishwasher, microwave, heater, dry cleaning machine, etc. so it was pretty equipped.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Gotcha. That's completely understandable. I'd want my own room, too.