iDay has arrived!

iphonemedic600

Bronze
Feb 8, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Hey all just wanted to share with everyone my 16gig has been activated and is up and running... I have been trying to load my phone up with songs movies and ringtones. For some reason when I upload several different ringtones it makes duplicates of the first one.so its like having ten of the same one song..does anyone know why this happens?

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
are you double clicking the m4r ring file to add to iTunes maybe that would help it should go it then

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
this is interesting that it is doing this... i cant see why this is happening, are these songs that you made into ringtones or are these that you bought.

iphonemedic600

Bronze
Feb 8, 2008
San Francisco, CA
this is interesting that it is doing this... i cant see why this is happening, are these songs that you made into ringtones or are these that you bought.
These are songs that i made into ringtones not bought...I saw the thread on "how to make ringtones" and made a couple ringtones few days ago. I also tried double clicking on the m4r files...no luck.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
well that stinks ...cant say why... try a different ring tone maybe your iPhone hates it .. you know the iPhone is a smart device

Saint

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
NJ & NYC
Same thing was happening to me. Go into your iTunes, iPhone Summary and change uncheck the options, only check the one that says "Only sync checked songs and videos". After that is the only option you have checked, drag and drop into the iPhone, sync and you will be fine.

iphonemedic600

Bronze
Feb 8, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Same thing was happening to me. Go into your iTunes, iPhone Summary and change uncheck the options, only check the one that says "Only sync checked songs and videos". After that is the only option you have checked, drag and drop into the iPhone, sync and you will be fine.

THANKS SAINT! it worked, you really are a saint!

Hookem99

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
Deep in the heart of Texas
Hey all just wanted to share with everyone my 16gig has been activated and is up and running... I have been trying to load my phone up with songs movies and ringtones. For some reason when I upload several different ringtones it makes duplicates of the first one.so its like having ten of the same one song..does anyone know why this happens?
I had the same issue with my wifes iPhone. I also had problems loading new firmware to it. I took it back to the Apple store yesterday and they gave me a new phone.

See this post!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
I'd try the three R's.....Restart, Reboot*, Restore......when all else fails

*hardshut down....

iphonemedic600

Bronze
Feb 8, 2008
San Francisco, CA
I had the same issue with my wifes iPhone. I also had problems loading new firmware to it. I took it back to the Apple store yesterday and they gave me a new phone.

See this post!

That's odd...I was hoping nothing would go wrong with this $500 investment that I've made..but Saint's advice everything has been going pretty smooth with the new iPhone. I'll keep my fingers crossed.:sick:

Last edited by a moderator:

iHuman

Bronze
Dec 16, 2006
Hells Kitchen, New York City
That's odd...I was hoping nothing would go wrong with this $500 investment that I've made..but Saint's advice everything has been going pretty smooth with the new iPhone. I'll keep my fingers crossed.:sick:
i have the same problem with my 8GB. It only did it with one ringtone. "the sound of the police" i guess i don't mind seeing it twice on the list. i'll just deal with it, b/c i can't just delete one.