iDay phone finally gave out, but Genius gave me a present...

iPhone69

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
South Florida
i had some issues with my unlocked phone. i panicked and attempted a restore (on my windows based computer of course...:mad:). the restore process didn't go so well. it would extract the software but not put the new 1.1.4 software on it. and kept giving me unknown error 6 and -50. so i figured i'd go down to the Apple store and talk with the genius and see what he had to say. i went on describing my problems, some factual.. some not (such as i didn't know why this might be happening). it took the dang genius no more than 3 minutes to completely restore my phone. and he assured me i would be leaving with a working iPhone, if it was mine or a new on. when he said new one my girlfriend who i'm pretty sure is ADD said "can we get the 16 gig, if his is broken.." jokingly of course. he laughed and said if that was possible he would have done that a long time ago the he went back to work and found a bubble under the screen and told me that the bubble was a defect and since my phone was under warranty i get a brand new phone. so all in all i parted way with my heavily scratched bezel and scuffed up back for a completely defect-less iPhone for no cost to me. since i had a new phone i had to get some extra protecting, such as the ant-glare film set, and a black incase slider. that i had to put on right away, so when v2 comes out i can get max resale. so i never saw the body. i didn't think much of the casing so i quickly put the film set and case in the store. so when i got home, i synced my playlists, movies and shows which come to just under 7 and a half gigs, but the free space bar on the bottom of the summary screen on iTunes was pretty big, so i thought it was weird so i checked the memory on the summary screen which said 14.8 or somewhere around there. so i quickly took the casing off and realized the genius was a nice guy. i did have an extensive conversation with him about things, to the point where a antzy customer with an ipod problem forced him to send me packing. but all in all THE GENIUS' CAN BE NICE PEOPLE AT TIMES! weird i know....

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
nice i wish that would happen to me....my phone is very scratched....luckily not the screen though

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Glad to see you had a great experience at the Apple store. Typically I've found the Geniuses at Apple to be extremely helpful.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
makes me wanna go complain about my wifi reception...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i might do that tonight.

problem is, my iPhone has been pretty rock-solid so far other than that issue... which i'm not sure is even an issue. Who knows what i'll be getting if the swap it...

...but if they give me a 16GB...

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I might have to chance it for the possibility of getting a 16 GB. If the replacement you get is anything less than perfect you could always take that one back as well.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
good point... looks like i'm gonna have to restore again...

Aug 28, 2007
you paid 600 and the 16gig is 500 lol so meh

but still very nice either way

H

Hayesimus

:( no fair... I wanna get a 16 gigger...

H

Hayesimus

wow. the sad thing is I totally didn't even see that coming. and I soo should have. but you do realize you just called me attractive.... "ditzy, ATTRACTIVE girlfriend" haha!