Idea for a new RIM pitch.

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
Was sifting through the posts around here, and I noticed that there are untold amounts of people complaining about the obvious features that the iPhone lacks. And comparing the iPhone to the newest ventures of BlackBerry, such as the Storm and the Bold. It gave me an idea for a new BB Storm ad.

(white background accompanied by generic hand, holding the BlackBerry Storm. Similar to the current iPhone 3G commercials. Buy out the voice actor from the iPhone 3G commercials, and have him recite the following.)

This is the new Storm, by BlackBerry. This is how you turn it on.
(demonstration of how to power up the Storm)

This, is how you send a text message, in landscape mode.
(demonstration)

This is how you copy text in one location, and paste it into another.
(demonstration)

This, is how you receive a picture message, and view it.
(demonstration)

And this is how you use Adobe Flash, to get the most out of your Internet browsing experience.
(demonstration, followed by returning to the "Home Screen" of the Storm)

The BlackBerry Storm. Topping the iPhone, one feature at a time.
(fade-out)

-----------------
I'm not complaining guys! I just had an idea, thought I would share it with you guys. Maybe I'll send it in to RIM... If a commercial like that didn't get a response from Apple... I don't know what would. BTW, did I miss anything?

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
LOL
probably not the best idea to post that in a forum called everythingiCafe ;)

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Dustu2,
I think you have a wonderful idea. Rim could even incorporate the BlackBerry Guy verses the Apple Guy (Beat them at their own game). Just like the Mac vs PC ads. I would also add to your idea. The sound of a Storm in the background and the iPhone running for cover:eek:...LOL, Mark

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Hey! That was pretty good! :D

I could picture the whole thing going on in my head! Not bad! :)

"The BlackBerry Storm. Topping the iPhone, one feature at a time.
(fade-out)"

That was my favorite line of the whole thing.

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
I liked everything except the flash part, Storm doesn't support Flash I don't believe.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Can't you hire some stoner hippy dude to play the part of the iPhone and some really successful businesss owner as the BB guy, and they could exchange jabs and quips and the whole thing could run for years, really. It would never get old!

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Can't you hire some stoner hippy dude to play the part of the iPhone and some really successful businesss owner as the BB guy, and they could exchange jabs and quips and the whole thing could run for years, really. It would never get old!
That would be great. Just like what is taking place here at EIC. And the band played on...Mark

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Excellent idea. That would be one of the best advertisements I'd ever watch. But you forgot to add one.

Sadly enough, it doesn't support Wi-Fi.
(Demonstration of Wi-fi connection on the iPhone) :p.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
that's what i was saying in that other post. RIM should make a commercial like that to get stevie j feel pressure.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Haha, very awesome post dude. And yes, Apple does lie about the iPhone 3G's speed, not the v1.

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
Hey, why not lie? Apple does about the iPhone's speed. :laugh2: And I love my iPhone. Not so much the Storm.
Yeah, but Apple's disclaimer (speeds may very) relieves them of the blame and puts it squarely on AT&T's shoulder, can't do that about flash...lol.

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
Everyone lies. At&t says they have the most bars.
AT&T isn't lying, they do have the most bars, their phone uses a 6 bar scale where as verizon uses 5, so technically they do have more bars (just not usable ones....LOL) :p

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
AT&T isn't lying, they do have the most bars, their phone uses a 6 bar scale where as verizon uses 5, so technically they do have more bars (just not usable ones....LOL) :p
haha too funny.

AT&T's commercials are definitely a joke.

When I got my storm (before I unlocked it and still had VZW on the storm), I had my Bold and Storm at my deer camp which is about 2.5 hours from Dallas out in the sticks. AT&T could barely hold an EDGE signal while Verizon had full bars EVDO on the Storm. It never dropped off the EVDO signal the whole time.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Yep, I have said it before, the place we go camping (just outside of Palm Springs) everyone on Verizon still has signal while me with AT&T has to borrow someone's phone and can't receive calls. I yell at the TV every time that AT&T commercial is on.

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
haha too funny.

AT&T's commercials are definitely a joke.

When I got my storm (before I unlocked it and still had VZW on the storm), I had my Bold and Storm at my deer camp which is about 2.5 hours from Dallas out in the sticks. AT&T could barely hold an EDGE signal while Verizon had full bars EVDO on the Storm. It never dropped off the EVDO signal the whole time.
That is why i have a VZW blackberry as my personal phone....gotta love that network. But oddly enough, anywhere that VZW is struggling to hold a data connection (1X), AT&T is full bars so if I happen to have both phones, I am covered one way or the other....lol.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I tried the 2 phone thing for awhile, having my iPhone and a Treo with Verizon but I just couldn't stand carrying the 2 phones around. I don't know how you guys with multiple phones do it. I like carrying just the 1 phone around.

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
I tried the 2 phone thing for awhile, having my iPhone and a Treo with Verizon but I just couldn't stand carrying the 2 phones around. I don't know how you guys with multiple phones do it. I like carrying just the 1 phone around.
That's where you went wrong, you had a TREO! lol. :p

I hate carrying two phones too, so unless I am going to or from work, I only have one phone, during working hours I carry the iPhone and leave the blackberry on my desk, after work hours, the iPhone goes in my room and I carry the blackberry.