Idea for iPhone Keyboard Button

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I am not sure if this has been brought up and if so I apologize but I just realized I would like to have it.

You know how you can hold a letter while typing to get a version of that letter with the little marks above the letter?

Well, I would like to be able to hold on the ".com" button and get all the other suffix options such as .org, .net, etc.

Just a thought.

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
Thats a very good iea and one im sure Apple haven't thought of, youu'd be best heading over to there discussion area an mention it there see what they say

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
hate to burst your bubble but after writing that It would be a good idea I went and tried it and it looks like it already exists

Test-Pilot

Bronze
Jan 20, 2008
The alternate letters thing has been around since much long before 1.1.4. However, I don't think the alternate i-net suffix thing exists... in 1.1.4 or any other version. Mine doesn't have it.

jlhollander

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago, IL
i cant seem to see that... i think two separate things got messed into one topic. i know about the foreign letters that you can see when you hold down the button, but there is no .org .edu .net, that kind of thing. That would be cool to see.

Painkiller

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
Do you mean held down letters such as A E N Y etc. to put accents over them? Or do you mean you have held down the ".com" button to make it give you a choice of .org .net .edu .gov etc.?
I have an unjailbroken 1.1.4 firmware and this does NOT work for me. I don't understand why it works for some and not others? When I hold down the ".com" button, all I see is ".com"!

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I have an unjailbroken 1.1.4 firmware and this does NOT work for me. I don't understand why it works for some and not others? When I hold down the ".com" button, all I see is ".com"!
if you are talking about the .org/.net etc. thing, then it doesn't exist. But if you mean for other countries like the UK (.co.uk) or Italy (.it) then you need to select that international keyboard under settings.