Idea for New iPhone-Related Business

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Okay. I don't do eBay. I have nothing against it and have purchased from eBay, but just don't know the 'ins and outs' of the sales businesss on eBay.

SO.... If someone were to offer to sell my v1 iPhone on eBay (along with wiping my data clean), I'd be willing to pay 10% to 20% for that service. Considering that the v1 iPhones will be the only ones that can be jail-broken (at least initially), I'm guessing that they may be worth more than the new 3G iPhone.

Any takers? Perhaps a student who wants to pull in some extra income with little work? Retirees? Current eBay store owners?

Dec 18, 2007
Danbury, CT
Okay. I don't do eBay. I have nothing against it and have purchased from eBay, but just don't know the 'ins and outs' of the sales businesss on eBay.

SO.... If someone were to offer to sell my v1 iPhone on eBay (along with wiping my data clean), I'd be willing to pay 10% to 20% for that service. Considering that the v1 iPhones will be the only ones that can be jail-broken (at least initially), I'm guessing that they may be worth more than the new 3G iPhone.

Any takers? Perhaps a student who wants to pull in some extra income with little work? Retirees? Current eBay store owners?
I don't understand why you just don't do this yourself. It's very easy and should only take you a couple of minutes. eBay will walk you through the process.

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
You are probably right - I should just sell it myself.

However, I could change the oil in my car(s), but I'd rather pay someone else to do it so I don't have to worry about not screwing some cap on tight enough and so I don't have to worry about disposing of the used oil. Similarly, I'd pay someone to sell a v1 iPhone just to avoid the hassle.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA

If you want to pay the 20% of the net sale after insertion and paypal fees, I would be interested. Just PM me.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
craigs list would work better, no fees for putting something up for sale there

topspin

Oct 12, 2007
b, I'm 48 and probably the dumbest in regards to techy, technobabalist stuff on the board.
I sold my v1 on ebay for the same price I paid for it.
It's 50x easier and cleaner than changing your oil.
Actualy my experience would say it's easier than trying to pay someone and getting that done than doing it your self.
couple lessons learned.
1. I copied someones add and modified it.
2. I listed shipping at $10, wound up paying 32 to ship to P.R.
Actually it was fun and took about 3 days.