Idea for new web app

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

randyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Actually it would be more of an intranet type app. I was in SuperWalmart the other day, I don't go there very often and don't know where everything is. Some of the items I was looking for could have been in the grocery part as well as the other part, so I was confused. Then it hit me, wouldn't it be cool if the store had a wireless directory of their store! This is something that could be used anywhere, and could be standardized. Like, you could walk into a big store like that, or a mall, etc. and in your WiFi enabled device just type in "directory". It would then pick up that stores directory and show you whatever they want to show you. It could include a search feature so you could find items, of course it would contain ads, it could even show you a list of current sale items. It seems like there's a lot of possibilities for something like this. Does anyone know of a place that's using something like this? I know a couple grocery stores experimented with wireless displays on grocery carts, that didn't seem to work too well. But this seems like it's got a lot of potential.

drconehead2000

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Do you honestly think that Walmart's target demographic is businesss cell users, or more to the point iPhone users that have wifi on their phones? I'd say that would be a giant waste of money to Walmart.

randyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Do you honestly think that Walmart's target demographic is businesss cell users, or more to the point iPhone users that have wifi on their phones? I'd say that would be a giant waste of money to Walmart.
Business cell users? Am I a businesss cell user because I've got an iPhone? What? It's the idea of the thing, not so much where it's implemented. But I'm guessing you'd know better than I would, being a businesss cell user and all.
It's still a great idea with a lot of possible uses.