Idea for purchasing iPhone

tttcomrader

Feb 27, 2010
Hi, everyone, I'm new to this forum, and frankly, I'm new to i-products.

My sister's 13th birthday is coming up and I want to get her an iPhone as a gift. Now, we are currently using AT&T and she has the basic plan with unlimited messages.

So how should I select the iPhone? Buy new or used? Which version? Keep AT&T as the provider?

As I'm a newbie in iPhone and my sister is only 13, any advices and suggestions would be appreciated, thank you!

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Definitely buy it new.
You don't have any other options other than AT&T.
Also remember that the iPhone will cost $30 more per month (required data plan) than your average phone so are you going to pay that for your sister?

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
First off, welcome to the eiC forums.

Secondly, you are a very nice sibling to be thinking of getting your sister an iPhone :)

Lastly, as styfe said above, you're probably best staying with AT&T and getting a new iPhone from AT&T. You'll pay more for a used older iPhone on eBay or Craigslist than a new one from AT&T (with two year commitment), so you might just as well get the new one. And remember that someone will have to pay the additional $30/month for the AT&T iPhone data plan.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
Text messaging will cost extra too. Knowing a 13 yr old she will need unlimited texting so add another 15 bucks to the monthly bill.

M

maxcreigs

I really think a native iPhone app is the missing link here. I love GTD w/ RTM but I can't work RTM it into my daily life at this point. It's just too impractical. I need to be able to add a task the moment I think of it. No matter where I am. Inspiration strikes at random moments... rarely when I am sitting at a laptop & logged into RTM. I can write it down on paper but I usually end up loosing it or being too lazy to enter all of my scribbles into RTM at the end of the day.