Ideas for getting iPhone into recovery mode?

ich0pz

Bronze
Nov 22, 2007
hey, I've been trying to get my iPhone 4 into recovery mode, but i can't only DFU, and it will not restore in DFU ( error 1602 ) -

Thanks!

Eninety2

Silver
Jul 22, 2008
by recovery do you mean the connect to iTunes screen?

Eninety2

Silver
Jul 22, 2008
i usually stop pressing the power button but keep pressing home right after the Apple logo.

I too have been getting the 1601,1602m and 1603 error in different attempts. gave up yesterday after trying on four notebooks in the house.

ich0pz

Bronze
Nov 22, 2007
Thanks a lot , also do you think my phone is bricked? Or just running into errors? I spent a lot on the phone for it not to work.

Am I still able to send my iPhone into Apple If I attempted the jailbreak? And can't fix it/restore it.

ich0pz

Bronze
Nov 22, 2007
Also I was thinking, would the iPhone not be restoring due to not having a sim-card in? - I mean it is factory unlocked, and I don't have an AT&T sim. -

Irish Enigma

Bronze
Aug 29, 2010
The iPhone 4 is nearly impossible to brick. There are programs and tools out there to force your iPhone/iPod touch into DFU mode...

ich0pz

Bronze
Nov 22, 2007
Okay well then since it cant be bricked that's good. I am only able to get my phone into DFU mode, when I go to restore on my pc, it disconnects from the USB when it says preparing iPhone for recovery.. Should I just try another computer?

Irish Enigma

Bronze
Aug 29, 2010
Yes. It might be a problem with the drivers. Reboot. If that doesn't work try a different computer. It also might be your device...

Irish Enigma

Bronze
Aug 29, 2010
You also might want to run iTunes diagnostics with your device connected...

Oct 17, 2010
Another thing to try is completely uninstalling iTunes and reinstalling it. If you call Apple Support they will walk you through the process.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

kunfuzious

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Boulder
Try downloading RecBoot. I know there is a Mac version (not sure about Windows if that's what your using). There are two versions: one that puts the phone into recovery and one that boots it out. Works flawlessly.

ich0pz

Bronze
Nov 22, 2007
well i tried rec-boot, but it never once recognized my device in recovery mode, to kick it out, or put it in.

I am thinking it is comming down to a hardware-problem. - Not being able to jump into recovery ( connect to iTunes screen ) scares me. -

Will i be able to still send this in for a replacement? - it is factory unlocked, so do I just send it to California with a repair slip from Apple site?

ich0pz

Bronze
Nov 22, 2007
Could anyone that has done a send in repair or know of the process, for a iPhone, please let me know..?

Thanks so much