Ideas to make mail work better

sfarris

Sep 26, 2008
Listmates,

I have a new 3G and the mail app was awful. Now it is much better- here are my tips through trial and error:

Do a new restore. I did this per Apple Tech Support. Something is changed on 2.1, as the screens looked different. Mail retrieves much more regularly on Fetch, and works well on Push. Since this restore 4 days ago, i have only rebooted 2 times to reconnect to the network- much better than the previous 2 times per hour!

Changed my office mail fetch method to IMAP. This works wonders after you delete from your desktop, it cleans out your phone as well.

I forwarded my office mail to interways.net and MobileMe. Head to head, they were dead even on speed and reliability. Interways is $40 per year cheaper, though. Since my Yahoo! mail is also push and blazing fast, I am forwarding there to test today. If it isn't as good as the other two, I will post back here, but since it is potentially free push, it would be the leader!

Hope that helps, YMMV>

sfarris

Sep 26, 2008
It is now!

I might have to do the IMAP trick. Is your desktop setup as IMAP as well?
I had it as a POP, but just changed it. Also, if you have your Yahoo account coming to Outlook, you will need to create a rule to keep from being buried in dupes.