iDrink or something similar

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Hi guys,

Does anyone have the iDrink application? If so, is it worth it? Does it have updated recipes? I have no problem paying for it but want to know if it's worth it?

If not, any other recommendations? Thanks!

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
you can google any drink recipe for free with your iPhone

Kevio

Bronze
Jul 30, 2008
Rachet City
Ohh...shot to the heart...

"Well I'm really looking for an application that I can use on the iPhone rather than googling a recipe."

That would have been a much better response. Anyway, my friend has Idrink and he says he likes it....says they have all the popular drinks of today and yesterday.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I'm sorry, but Googling is really not what I was looking for. I was looking for people who used iDrink and asked if it was worth it or not. If it wasn't worth it, then I asked for recommendations (i.e., other applications better than iDrink).

He offered no solution or suggestion to any of my posted questions, thereforee, I think I gave him an appropriate response. I'm not trying to be mean, but if you can't answer my question - don't post anything! :)

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
so u call the poor guy an idiot?
what if he thought he was answering your question?

an appropriate response would have been
"no thanks I already tried that "
or something else...

Jul 12, 2008
If he hasn't learned manners by now he never will.. Some people are just brought up differently.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Ohh...shot to the heart...

"Well I'm really looking for an application that I can use on the iPhone rather than googling a recipe."

That would have been a much better response. Anyway, my friend has Idrink and he says he likes it....says they have all the popular drinks of today and yesterday.
I've been using iBartender and I like it.

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
I'm sorry, but Googling is really not what I was looking for. I was looking for people who used iDrink and asked if it was worth it or not. If it wasn't worth it, then I asked for recommendations (i.e., other applications better than iDrink).

He offered no solution or suggestion to any of my posted questions, thereforee, I think I gave him an appropriate response. I'm not trying to be mean, but if you can't answer my question - don't post anything! :)

My bad, I just thought it would be easier (and free) to use google to find drink recipes than to have to search (and possibly pay) for an app that might not meet your needs exactly. I will keep those ideas to myself from now on....

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
My bad, I just thought it would be easier (and free) to use google to find drink recipes than to have to search (and possibly pay) for an app that might not meet your needs exactly. I will keep those ideas to myself from now on....
I wasn't mad at you or intentionally trying to be mean. And it seems this board has taken it that way, and thereforee, I apologize. I was just posting this in the App Store forum, obviously looking for an application. I thought it would be interesting to find an application that would highlight popular drinks and let you just browse through drinks and see what is in them. Naturally, Google is great if I know a drink and need the recipe, but that's not what I was looking for.

Again, I'm sorry if I offended you, I wasn't trying to be mean, it's just the first response I received was totally off-base. My apologies.

Take care,

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
no worries, i misunderstood what you were looking for. unfortunately now that i do understand i can't really offer any info to help you, i haven't tried any drink apps...

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
...and you are a professional?

so u call the poor guy an idiot?
what if he thought he was answering your question?

an appropriate response would have been
"no thanks I already tried that "
or something else...
...and now I no longer wonder about why AT&T employees are so rude and unknowledgeable. If a national sales person calls people an idiot in a public forum, then that explains where the clerks at local stores are coming from. This person should be setting a good example.

Whether he apologizes later (which he did) or not, presenting a professional image in a customer-facing forum should have been priority #1.

Personally, I prefer looking up a drink recipe online. Not only is it convenient, it also gives more than one result, which I can then pick and choose to my liking.

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
i bought the iDrink app it works as described with plenty of recipes im sure it will have the one your looking for it also gives you the ability to search with ingredients i think thats what your looking for... it has a very large database of drinks more then 4500...some of the names are different then what im used to but the recipes are pretty spot on...my only gripe with the app is that it doesn't have any shot recipes

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
touche...but i was thinking more along the lines of car bombs, red headed sl*ts, jager bombs, etc.
car bomb = guiness, jamison, baileys

red headed sl*t = peach schnapps, jager, cranberry

jager bomb = jager, red bull (also good with monster)