If Apple addresses shortfalls with iPhone 3G, will you upgrade?

kneshoba

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Let's say that a front facing camera, flashed enable, mms, basically everybody's wants for the 3G was due out in the 4th qtr or early 09'. and you are going to purchase a new 3G on July 11 or a little later. Would you still buy one in July?
Me personally no.

My reasoning is this, why would Apple drop all the hardware in one phone at one time, it would then on rely on software updates and carrier services to attract new customers or keep the current one.

Once again my $.02

mdev05

Jun 13, 2008
I will have to. I don't have much choice.Cos I have already sold my iPhone. :(

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
Also, now that the revenue sharing thing is over, Apple could easily stop the free firmware upgrades for the iPhones.

Joe

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Also, now that the revenue sharing thing is over, Apple could easily stop the free firmware upgrades for the iPhones.

Joe

That would be such a collosally stupid move on Apple's part that it's very unlikely. Apple is aware (in fact is probably very motivated) of the fact that the iPhone is a fantastic gateway into Apple computers and other products. Alienating an enormous intro user base would shut that gate.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I think the day will come when updates won't be designed for the first gen iPhone. I don't know how long it'll take, but sooner or later it will become obsolete.

kneshoba

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
I think the day will come when updates won't be designed for the first gen iPhone. I don't know how long it'll take, but sooner or later it will become obsolete.
I can see that, from the apps, where faster speeds will be needed but there is also wifi. I would say another year or two before v1 is no longer supported due to the lack of hardware. But I plan on rockin' my v1 for awhile.

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
@kneshoba: Your Boxer is so cute. I have one, too :D