If GPS add-on sold seperately.....

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

If GPS add-on is available, at what price will you buy?

• $99 or less

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • $100-$199

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • $200+

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I am not interested in buying a GPS add-on...isn't $599 enough?! @#$%!

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
Sold.

Seriously, As long as it doesn't cost more than the phone. I have already budgeted $1200 for launch day expenditures for things like a case, an extra charger, etc... As long as the GPS add-on can fit in that budget it I'm all over it.

What would be really cool is if you can somehow get topographic maps into the iPhone. Maybe Gooogle will start offering them. Now that would rock!

- SR

UnseenLlama

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
You are able to find good bluetooth GPS receiver that use a SirfIII chipset for $75 now. Hopefully, you will be able to just pair one of those with the iPhone and BOOM you have GPS. Wishful thinking anyways...

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Depends....depends on what that data plan is gonna be like, and it also depends on what the GPS add-on looks like, and whether Googlemaps can use it or not. Also, it depends on how big and clunky it is. I don't want some big device attached to my phone.

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
You are able to find good bluetooth GPS receiver that use a SirfIII chipset for $75 now. Hopefully, you will be able to just pair one of those with the iPhone and BOOM you have GPS. Wishful thinking anyways...
Bingo! I already have a SiRFIII BT GPS and don't want to buy another one.

Ocala

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Ocala, FL
Depends....depends on what that data plan is gonna be like, and it also depends on what the GPS add-on looks like, and whether Googlemaps can use it or not. Also, it depends on how big and clunky it is. I don't want some big device attached to my phone.
I won't because I already have a GPS. I guess a very simple GPS could be helpful to find your car in an airport parking lot!

I have an idea for a GPS widget! A scalable map that will show your position as well as any other iPhones in your area - great way to make friends! Allow an Opt-Out for the more timid among us....:cool:

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
the poll wasn't meant to be launch only buyers. i want one, but i doubt i will be able to afford it launch day. depends on everything. if it is reasonably priced, i will eventually get one.
plus, since it would be an attachment (wired or wireless), i would also wait to see what competition brings. someone may create one that is cheaper/better (same reason i never bought an Apple tv...waiting for slingcatcher reviews)

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
I have an idea for a GPS widget! A scalable map that will show your position as well as any other iPhones in your area - great way to make friends! Allow an Opt-Out for the more timid among us....:cool:
great way for iPhone thieves to scout out iPhones to yank :mad:

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I won't because I already have a GPS. I guess a very simple GPS could be helpful to find your car in an airport parking lot!

That Helio Ocean phone does this, btw....
If for some reason my iPhone plans go awry, that is DEFINITELY what I'm gonna look into next...

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
I already have GPS navigation in both my cars, my BlackBerry 8800 supports GPS so I might pass unless it's uber cool and I must get it. :)

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
here's an idea

what if there is a gps dock add-on. wouldn't that be effin perfect. imagine a dock for your car that keeps your iPhone charging (no need for extra car charger). it has gps inside the dock, and google maps links up with it. WOW i wish i were an engineer type person. i would invent this add-on!