if i buy a unlocked iPhone...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
is it true that when i connect it to iTunes it will lock itself back to normal? i have AT&T but i cant seem to find locked iPhones or craigslist lol. so i was gonna buy an unlocked one and just connect it to iTunes restore and hopefully it will lock back so i can update to 1.1.1 is this true?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
lol i thought it was a bad idea too until, i heard someone say that the phone will lock back to cingular, whats the harm in that right? but does it even lock back to cingular or does it turn into a briick?

my impression is that they are bricked, but i haven't had to deal with it. So, i will stop speculating and let someone who is sure answer your questions.

as an aside, if you are on AT&T already, why are you purchasing an iPhone off of craigslist?

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
Are you seriously telling us that you cannot find a normal locked iPhone on the Internet...
no i have had an iPhone before and sold it (4gb) because i want a (8GB) and craigslist has the best prices and there unlocked but i don't care about it being unlcked. can u give me sites that will sell iPhones besides Apple then?

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
is it true that when i connect it to iTunes it will lock itself back to normal? i have AT&T but i cant seem to find locked iPhones or craigslist lol. so i was gonna buy an unlocked one and just connect it to iTunes restore and hopefully it will lock back so i can update to 1.1.1 is this true?
have u try ebay yet?:laugh2: