If I buy an app now on my v1, what happens tomorrow?

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Just like the title says.... Im going through the process now of updating to 2.0 and iTunes 7.7 but if and when I get the iPhone 3G, I will be giving my wife this iPhone. If I buy Super Monkey Ball (or whatever) will I be able to put it on my 3G tomorrow?

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
I have the same question, but i also have a theory. Just like Music and videos it will sync to iTunes you can upload it to one phone and to transfer it back and forth, you'll need to put it back on to iTunes if you want to switch it through iPhones. But just a theory.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
I have the same question, but i also have a theory. Just like Music and videos it will sync to iTunes you can upload it to one phone and to transfer it back and forth, you'll need to put it back on to iTunes if you want to switch it through iPhones. But just a theory.
I was thinking the same thing. Im just worried about it going to a whole different phone.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Well... hasn't anyone here done it yet?

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Once you buy Apps, they go into your application library. The new iPhone 3G has a syncing tab for applications, which allows you to select which Apps you would like to send over to your phone.

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
I have tested downloading an app to the PC iTunes that I bought on the iPhone app store. A pop up came up saying that I bought this already do I want to download again for free. I now have a Icon in iTunes for the app. I assume it will sync from iTunes to my G3 when I get one.