if i buy an iPhone from Apple store

hpuk

Bronze
Jan 2, 2008
London
if i buy an iPhone from Apple store in the UK am i able to just get it unlocked and use it from there? or do u have todo all the contract stuff instore?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I do not believe that you can purchase an unlocked phone in the UK. You can in France, but to say that it's expensive would be an understatement.
The other option is to buy one in the UK, Jailbreak it (hack to add software) and then unlock it, BUT, I am not sure that you can do that with a 1.1.2 out of the box phone.
I am pretty sure that it's like over here. You can walk in a buy the phone without setting up a contract.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
if i buy an iPhone from Apple store in the UK am i able to just get it unlocked and use it from there? or do u have todo all the contract stuff instore?
Yep - the guys are right. As for activating the phone you get sent away with it to do at home. I believe they set your account up there in the store though if they can.

You can always get one from the Apple store http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore/. That will arrive in a couple of days and the rest is left up to you.

1662brent

Feb 9, 2008
Hi All new to iPhone had one given for my birthday yesterday, but i have 11 mounths left on my T-mobil conttract reding past posts where can is there any thing that I can do to use the phone with my current sim ant help please if i jailbreak the 1.1.2 OBT will it work !

hpuk

Bronze
Jan 2, 2008
London
Hi All new to iPhone had one given for my birthday yesterday, but i have 11 mounths left on my T-mobil conttract reding past posts where can is there any thing that I can do to use the phone with my current sim ant help please if i jailbreak the 1.1.2 OBT will it work !
yes it will have a look here

you just need to upgrade to 1.1.3 using iTunes and follow the easy steps