If i get my iPod replaced can i....

HeiHeit

May 22, 2008
Hey everybody,(obviously) im new here and i have a important question for anybody who can put in any input.

well, my 8gb ipod touch is thoroughly bricked. tomorrow im going to a Apple store (in the Freehold mall if you live in NJ) and wanted to know that once they replace it (i already know i can get it replaced) can i upgrade to an 8gb iPhone and pay the $100 or so difference? or possibly get store credit instead of a replacement ipod? if you know ANYTHING about this but only this =P please post! i can really use your help!

~HeiHeit

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It really depends on the Genius when you go to the store. I've read from a few people that have had no issues upgrading and even from a few that didn't even have to pay a difference. Likewise, I've also read posts from people who begged and pleaded to no avail. I'm sure the hop from an iPod Touch to an iPhone would be harder than an iPod to iPod or iPhone to iPhone but it's worth a try.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
just curious how did you brick it and what is it doing?

HeiHeit

May 22, 2008
youngbinks: yeah thats what i hear, it all depends on the genius. im going to try to get one whos kind of young and who knows where im coming from. i really do hope theyll be able to get me an iPhone. and i suppose that it is a little harder to do then to get a ipod. but to me it seems realistic =p

chcorey52: well its complicated =p basically what its doing is being bricked haha. it doesn't turn on, none of my computers recognize it and i cant restore it.

but heres my other question: does anybody know if i can get something like store credit for it and then just buy an iPhone?

thanks everybody

~HeiHeit

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
This all depends on when you bought the iPod and whether you intentionally bricked it by trying to jailbreak it or by accidental damage. If it's still within the return policy, then you should be able to "upgrade" it or get store credit/refund. If they can tell you tried to jailbreak it or there physical damage, then you're probably out of luck.

Joe

HeiHeit

May 22, 2008
This all depends on when you bought the iPod and whether you intentionally bricked it by trying to jailbreak it or by accidental damage. If it's still within the return policy, then you should be able to "upgrade" it or get store credit/refund. If they can tell you tried to jailbreak it or there physical damage, then you're probably out of luck.

Joe
well the warranty expires on december 14th so they don't have to send it in to get "repaired" so i can get a replacement on the spot. and before it was bricked i restored it so no need to worry about anything suspicious. im actually going to the store tomorrow.. dear god i want my iPhone =p