If I Get There At 8:30 PM, will I get one?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

hunt577

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Hey everyone. Unfortunately, I work a 2nd shift on Friday and I won't be able to get there right at 6 PM. I have a 45 minute lunch break in which I am gonna zoom across town to the AT&T store and TRY to get an iPhone.

My lunch break is during the 8 o clock hour, and I live in the Triad area of North Carolina. In my city, there are only 2 AT&T stores that will have the iPhone, and absolutely no Apple stores. The closest Apple store is in Raleigh, NC which is over an hour away. I am assuming that demand is somewhat high here, but this is not an extremely big city. I live in Greensboro, NC. If I lived in Charlotte, thats a whole different story. I am just not sure. I can't miss anymore work. I REALLY REALLY want it Friday, but perhaps my cards are just dealt for me to having a direct order done and sent to me next week?

I really don't know what the line is gonna look like here, if any. I don't see Greensboro having any line at all really. However, American Idol came here, so you never know, lol. I called the local store yesterday and they said they would be staying open until 10 PM. They normally close at 8 PM. What do you all think, is this just too late to get one on Friday, or is there maybe some hope?

If I were in a very big metro city like Charlotte, Atlanta, New York, etc. I wouldn't even bother, because you know its gonna be sold out in those cities. Smaller cities like mine, what do you think? I am sure there are some others in the same boat.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
Hey everyone. Unfortunately, I work a 2nd shift on Friday and I won't be able to get there right at 6 PM. I have a 45 minute lunch break in which I am gonna zoom across town to the AT&T store and TRY to get an iPhone.

My lunch break is during the 8 o clock hour, and I live in the Triad area of North Carolina. In my city, there are only 2 AT&T stores that will have the iPhone, and absolutely no Apple stores. The closest Apple store is in Raleigh, NC which is over an hour away. I am assuming that demand is somewhat high here, but this is not an extremely big city. I live in Greensboro, NC. If I lived in Charlotte, thats a whole different story. I am just not sure. I can't miss anymore work. I REALLY REALLY want it Friday, but perhaps my cards are just dealt for me to having a direct order done and sent to me next week?

I really don't know what the line is gonna look like here, if any. I don't see Greensboro having any line at all really. However, American Idol came here, so you never know, lol. I called the local store yesterday and they said they would be staying open until 10 PM. They normally close at 8 PM. What do you all think, is this just too late to get one on Friday, or is there maybe some hope?

If I were in a very big metro city like Charlotte, Atlanta, New York, etc. I wouldn't even bother, because you know its gonna be sold out in those cities. Smaller cities like mine, what do you think? I am sure there are some others in the same boat.
Best bet would be to order one online.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I think you will. I am a firm believer that if you want one on 6/29 you will be able to get one

Yeah, me too. I think there are gonna be plenty. Heck, you might even miss all the ridiculous loads of ppl, and just walk right in, at that time. We will see......

It's hard for me to judge my local market and even have an idea of what it's gonna be like here, because I see tons of interest for the phone on the internet, but not from word-of-mouth, here. Half my friends wouldn't even know what it was, or would have heard of it, unless I had told them.

UnseenLlama

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
Yeah, me too. I think there are gonna be plenty. Heck, you might even miss all the ridiculous loads of ppl, and just walk right in, at that time. We will see......

It's hard for me to judge my local market and even have an idea of what it's gonna be like here, because I see tons of interest for the phone on the internet, but not from word-of-mouth, here. Half my friends wouldn't even know what it was, or would have heard of it, unless I had told them.
Same thing here. My coworkers like the idea of the iPhone, but aren't willing put down $600 for one.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
It depends on where you live. In my city, this is going to be an upper level extravagant item. This is going to be like getting a Cadillac or something. I think I should be able to get one. I swear, I obviously don't know everyone in my city, but I seem like I'm the only one out of everyone that I know that is even thinking about getting this. This price is going to drive a lot of people away.

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
You need to remember too that our views of availiability is skewed since we belong to EiP. If the world out there was like in here there would never be enough to meet demand!:sick:

radbrent

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
Or just stop by one morning

"Beginning June 30 and continuing through the summer, Apple Stores in the US will open early at 9:00 a.m. for iPhone sales"

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
It depends on where you live. In my city, this is going to be an upper level extravagant item. This is going to be like getting a Cadillac or something. I think I should be able to get one. I swear, I obviously don't know everyone in my city, but I seem like I'm the only one out of everyone that I know that is even thinking about getting this. This price is going to drive a lot of people away.

Same here! That's ok, though. I'll be a celebrity among my friends, for a short while. Then they'll play with it. Then everyone will own one. lol

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I live in a metropolitan area of about 600,000 people. I just talked to someone at our Apple store, he said after 5 PM, pretty much a snowball's chance.