If I open iPhone, will Apple know?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sangmoklee

Nov 2, 2007
I want to replace the silver back plate and small black back cover since it was dropped and left a huge bump. :mad::mad: I would like to replace them myself, but I am wondering if Apple will notice that I have opened my iPhone.

Thanks in advance.

volcomguysd

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Not if you're good...

There have been plenty of posts on this forum about opening the iPhone, but no one has mentioned anything about any kind of "seal" or notification that let's Apple know. My guess is that the only way they could tell is if somebody has poor workmanship and gets lazy or impatient.

There is a nice tutorial somewhere on http://www.cnn.cn where they sell the part as well as offer step-by-step instructions with pictures.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I want to replace the silver back plate and small black back cover since it was dropped and left a huge bump. :mad::mad: I would like to replace them myself, but I am wondering if Apple will notice that I have opened my iPhone.

Thanks in advance.
Considering that the back of the iPhone contains your serial number, IEMI number, FCC ID, and model number, And the new back cover would have none of that information, then yes, I would say that they would know if you ever took the phone in for repair.

sangmoklee

Nov 2, 2007
Considering that the back of the iPhone contains your serial number, IEMI number, FCC ID, and model number, And the new back cover would have none of that information, then yes, I would say that they would know if you ever took the phone in for repair.
Thank you. Do you know if it is on the silver part or the black part?

EDIT: Never Mind. I found it. It is on the outside of the cover.

iFuNk

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
yes.. What he ^ said