If I restore my iPhone 5, will I lose my jailbreak?

one_crazy_dude

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Toms River New Jersey
The instructions say to do a restore and I don't want to lose my jailbreak.

I remember with my iPhone 4 there was a tweek in cydia that allowed me to plug in the phone and iTunes would have a pop up saying iPhone has been unlocked.

Any one know/remember of how to do so?

Last edited by a moderator:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
If you restore an unlocked iPhone, you won't lose the unlock. If you restore a previously jailbroken iPhone and upgrade to iOS 7 (not sure if this is still possible), you can jailbreak using Pangu. iOS 8 does not have a jailbreak yet.

Please review and help us out by following our quality guidelines, specific to thread titles. Thanks for your understanding.

one_crazy_dude

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Toms River New Jersey
Sorry about the title. I wasn't sure what to put. I know I will lose the jailbreak that's why I'm on the search.

I'm looking for the tweak that allowed me to plug iPhone to a PC, start iTunes, run the tweak BUT NOT RESTORE and I would get the "your iPhone has been un locked". I did it with my iPhone 4 (when I got the i5).

So can we change the title one more time to reflect looking for this tweak.

Thanks.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
SAM hasn't been updated in a while and doesn't work anymore. I'm not aware of an alternate tweak to deactivate. Therefore, you have to restore to apply the unlock which will result in losing the jailbreak. Do you need the unlock right now?

one_crazy_dude

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Toms River New Jersey
SAM hasn't been updated in a while and doesn't work anymore. I'm not aware of an alternate tweak to deactivate. Therefore, you have to restore to apply the unlock which will result in losing the jailbreak. Do you need the unlock right now?
Thanks Europa,
The wife and I are gonna go to Peru and visit family.

I wanted to take our phones but had to wait for the contracts to be up then for att to unlock them. It just took to long.

Thanks for you vast knowledge and awesome memory.