If i restore...?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
well i modded a little but i want to update to the new version so it up to date, i do i back up my contacts and things like that, lol i cant believe i modded the iPhone but don't knw how to back up the data so it doesn't get erased lol, but please any help will be appreciated

Thanks

RTpics

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Malibu CA
every time you sync with iTunes it gets backed up contacts etc.. no photos or notes though. you may want to wait until after sept 5th, incase a big SW update comes out.:)

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
every time you sync with iTunes it gets backed up contacts etc.. no photos or notes though. you may want to wait until after sept 5th, incase a big SW update comes out.:)
sweet thanks for the help, i was just browsing and just saw that there is going to be a major update. thanks, i was going to restore, update, and remodd, now i can just wait. thanks again:laugh2:

stewcp

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Bristol, UK
well i modded a little but i want to update to the new version so it up to date, i do i back up my contacts and things like that, lol i cant believe i modded the iPhone but don't knw how to back up the data so it doesn't get erased lol, but please any help will be appreciated

Thanks
Everytime you sync with iTunes, your iPhone is backed up... so when you come to update (which will force a full restore because you have a modded phone), you'll have the option to restore your iPhone data etc from the backup... this however will not restore it back to its modded state... you'll have to do them again!

RTpics

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Malibu CA
YAY thanks MiPhone7012 77 posts and i got a thanks ;)

Everytime you sync with iTunes, your iPhone is backed up... so when you come to update (which will force a full restore because you have a modded phone), you'll have the option to restore your iPhone data etc from the backup... this however will not restore it back to its modded state... you'll have to do them again!

you got a thanks cos you type better than me :)

spinkas

Sep 3, 2007
Where do the photos get backed up to? There not in the My Pictures folder?

spinkas

Sep 3, 2007
photos don't get backed up, u have to go to my computer and iPhone when its connected and save your pics to your comp from there. hope this helps

well it confirms my worst nightmare. Anyone care to guess why they didn't just include the photos as part of the backup ? It was a really stupid feature to leave out. This phone is turning into a POS.

My Treo 700w was much better.