If i set my phone back to factory settings, will i be forced to update to 5.1?

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
Right, if i set my iPhone back to factory settings, through the phone its self. Will i be forced to update to the most uptodate FW 5.1 (i don't want to do so i can re jailbreak phone) ?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, struggling with not having the iPhone app working.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
I'm in the same boat. One restore and I lose my jailbreak.

Michael
Yeah its a nightmare like. Can i ask, see you cyida tweaks. Can you configure any of your cydia apps by going to the iPhone settings?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Yeah None show up on mines, and i know the ones that should as they came up on previous jailbreaks on my 3G
Try reinstalling a cydia app that uses the stock settings app for configuration. If it adds it, reinstall more. Or just reinstall them all.

Michael

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
Try reinstalling a cydia app that uses the stock settings app for configuration. If it adds it, reinstall more. Or just reinstall them all.

Michael
tried this, what if i delete sbsettings and reinstall?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
tried this, what if i delete sbsettings and reinstall?
Well that app doesn't put anything in Settings. Try an app that you know uses Settings. SBSettings might uninstall Activator but I am not 100% sure (Activator does use Settings).

Michael

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
sorry i mean the sub structure, you think its worth the punt because the downside is it will delete most of my cydia apps
?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
sorry i mean the sub structure, you think its worth the punt because the downside is it will delete most of my cydia apps
?
Well you can easily reinstall. Personally I would reinstall everything except Cydia itself and then reinstall one by one.

Michael