If I switch to AT&T, will it cost extra to call family with Verizon?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bosox097

Jul 1, 2007
i have verizon, along with the rest of my family. if i switched to AT&T to get the iPhone, would it cost extra on top of the $60 per month to call people outside of AT&T, such as my family who has verizon?

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
i have verizon, along with the rest of my family. if i switched to AT&T to get the iPhone, would it cost extra on top of the $60 per month to call people outside of AT&T, such as my family who has verizon?
Welcome to AT&T! It has served me so much better than verizon as far as coverage & phone selection. To answer your question, the $59.99 plan includes unlimited mobile to mobile with other AT&T customers, 5000 night & weekend minutes and 450 anytime minutes. When you call a verizon customer it will be subtracted from your anytime minutes unless of course you call on the weekend or at night.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
It only costs you extra if you go over your alloted minutes. That's the same with all cell phone providers.

vert

Dec 15, 2007
you also got to think about rollover, most people wont use all those minutes in a month, so they simply rollover, and you end up accumulating a lot of minutes youll probably never use.