If I use Vista can I JB w Apple?

smittylube

Bronze
Feb 19, 2008
Silicon Valley
SO I tried 3 or 4 times 2 JB with my machine. It hangs in the middle of the process and I end up restore, sync etc 45 minutes later.

SSSOOOOOOOOO I started to think maybe I could JB and install cydia w my buddies Apple laptop...

Is there anything I would need to know to execute this maneuver?

G3 2.2 Works great right now-- and I want to keep it that way but I loved the tweeks and stuff u can do w cydia.

Do I HAVE to install installer or can I just install cydia?

I still want to b able 2 sync to MY iTunes.

Thanks

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
You can use his mac to jailbreak and just come back and then sync with your iTunes. I don't know about installer but I have seen this question asked before and everybody just keeps installing it. On your vista machine make sure you plug the iPhone in and then go into your task manager and end all the processes that have to do with ipod, iPhone, or Apple. close iTunes as well. What method of jailbreaking are you using?

smittylube

Bronze
Feb 19, 2008
Silicon Valley
Here is where it hangs for me... I did get telnet turned on. Not sure where to find .net framework

But I used the Iclarified site & I also DL quickpwn from the dev team site.
The one I tried to turn on (QP) from Iclarified had an error loading up.
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/2-2-jailbreak-released.34743/

If the pic below does not work look here to see where mine hangs..

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittylube
How long should it take to to where it prompts u to hold down the home button? Is it quick or does it stick there for 10-20 minutes?
mine also hangs here....

i'm using windows xp. i'm gonna try it on another computer.

edit:
SOLUTION:

thanks to this post over at hackint0sh, who suggested that the following services be enabled:

Microsoft .Net Framework
telnet
messenger
terminal services
for me, it was just enabling the telnet service (which was disabled)

after enabling the telnet service and REBOOTING my PC, the process went without a hitch. reinstalling my themes and cydia apps now. =)

Last edited by a moderator: