If I used this splitter could I record a call?

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
i doubt it will work. on the jack of the splitter are the input/outputs for left and right headphone, but no input/output for the mic. if you used the splitter you would b able to record what the other person is saying but not what you are saying.

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
If I'm recording my half a conversation with a USB mic, I can piece them together in post. I didn't notice that the jack on the splitter didn't have a 'mic' band on it. I gotta try a conversation again, I could swear I can hear myself through the phones?

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
the idea with the usb mic would def work. are you saying that you have already tried recording a convo with the splitter? if you did and it worked then im wrong, but if you haven't tried it yet im pretty sure it will only record the other persons half of the convo.

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
the idea with the usb mic would def work. are you saying that you have already tried recording a convo with the splitter? if you did and it worked then im wrong, but if you haven't tried it yet im pretty sure it will only record the other persons half of the convo.
No I haven't tried it, but I'm trying to remember if I can hear myself talk in the earphones when I'm on a conversation. If so, that the phone must be sending out both sides of the audio and the recorder would get both. Funny thing is I cant remember! Gotta go try it but I got distracted by my ohmibod post.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
you don't hear yourself in the head phones when you have a conversation with another person. so why do u need to record this convo?

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Yeah, I just checked. I have this friend who is giving the president ... j/k I am thinking of starting up a podcast and I want to (one day) be able to take calls.